Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BMWs strategy is strongly based on hybrids. BMW did large investments into Diesel in the last decade and now intends to push Diesel Hybrids on the road as "the best of the two worlds". Thats their narrative. They want an ROI on their investment. A large part as you indicated of the supply will go therefore into Hybrids.

Also they talk about 2021 to start if all goes well. I am not convinced that if other customers pay more at that point in time and make better contracts that BMW will get the full bid.

Although I hope that BMW will be a larger player in EVs also as we have to give them credit for starting to build EVs when no other manufacturer did this really it still needs to be seen if they make it.

The statement from Fröhlich make me wonder...

to add to that:

Mr. Christian Wiedmann, President, BMW Group Thailand said:

“We are very excited to be taking another big step forward in our electro-mobility strategy. The start of local battery production will enable us to better respond to growing demands for electrified vehicles across ASEAN markets. Furthermore, this new capability adds to the strengths of Plant Rayong, which has already been serving as an automotive production hub in the region. With four BMW plug-in hybrid models already rolling out from our assembly lines at Plant Rayong, local battery production will certainly complement our production of plug in-hybrids,”.

No mention of EVs but only Hybrids.

BMW To Start Manufacturing Electric Car Batteries In Thailand In 2019

I find it so weird that I keep encountering people who forget that stock values change, and react to any past comment about the stock price as if it must still be current at some later time / date.
I'd give the readers here more credit than that! The confusion seems fair to me, given that your post implied a decisive dip into 330s that I just don't see in today's premarket trading.

Ch3ers!

Capture-2018-11-30-05-56-33.png

Other important data points:

- The now moved Bottleneck shows that they have solved battery and paint shop bottlenecks

At current maximum through-put, yes, could become bottlenecks again when velocity increases.

If trade war news was the issue, volumes would be lower in other stocks. Isn't it only Tesla with low volume?

TBH I only really follow $TSLA, so couldn't answer that, but it'(s certainly a topic which is directly affecting Tesla, so it seems quite plausible to me

Were do you see that? I only see premarket down .70 cents.

upload_2018-11-30_15-11-3.png

Macros aside (including China-USA trade war), I wonder if Elon’s tweet will knock SP back a bit.

FUDsters have some grit to chirp about.

Was a an alleged leaked email, but on the contrary, I thought it was extremely positive and bullish - certainly for anyone that looks at Bloomberg M3 tracker and sees 4.2k daily estimate...[/QUOTE]

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I'd give the readers here more credit than that! The confusion seems fair to me, given that your post implied a decisive dip into 330s that I just don't see in today's premarket trading.

Ch3ers!

Capture-2018-11-30-05-56-33.png

What part of "breaking into" the $330s sounds like a "decisive dip"?

The stock went into the $330s. I noted this. I find it weird that I'm having to defend - in the market action thread - the most on-topic comment this thread has had in many hours. :)

Both Baillie Gifford and Saudi's Public Investment Fund announced investments in NIO. What do think of NIO as a diversification investment for the coming transition to EVs?
When I looked into NIO what I saw was a premise to do autonomous driving (e.g., like Waymo, not Tesla) where they outsourced everything else and sold it as a "NIO" vehicle. My sense was that it would pop after the IPO flop before dropping again. Which it did.

I guess it depends on what you mean by diversification, but it isn't even remotely in the same category as $TSLA. Investing in it at this point is a gamble that the company will eventually make money and be worth something (vs the greater probability of failing). Doing some investing in solid stocks and some in gambles makes sense, but there are a lot of gambles to choose from and I see no compelling reason to select NIO.

Both Baillie Gifford and Saudi's Public Investment Fund announced investments in NIO. What do think of NIO as a diversification investment for the coming transition to EVs?

NIO is primarily an autonomous car play.

Secondly, BEV design and marketing.

Not really BEV manufacturing. Whereas BEV manufacturing has room for many many successful players autonomous systems not so much. I like Tesla's chances much better.

And NIO's primary market is China, which I don't have a really good grasp enough to invest in a company where that is the main market.

I do know the North American market. And the Rivian products are hits. More so the large-midsize SUV than the midsize pickup with a short bed. Pickups need at least a 6.5 foot bed to have wide appeal in North America.

Status
Not open for further replies.