Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT:

View attachment 359874

Just boarded my Phuket, Thailand-bound flight for a few weeks of golf and diving along with amazing Thai food. And yet I'm already suffering separation anxiety from my two-week old P3D! Don't get any ideas, she's safely tucked away in her garage. ;-)

I traded in my BMW335is convertible almost 3 years ago and happily drove a 2000 Honda Civic while patiently waiting for this beautiful beast.
Lovely!... have you done something with the paint? Looks REALLY good.

OT

I'm not really familiar with 60 Minutes, but it really looks like a TV show for old people
Are you saying that some TV (through an aerial thingy on the roof..) is for young folk? Have I got some catching up to do?

There's only 3 options on the table at the moment:
  • "EU deal Brexit", perhaps with cosmetic modifications by the EU.
  • "no EU deal crash-out Brexit"
  • Britain taking back the Article 50 notice, until March 29 11pm
Deal - 80% likelihood IMO
No deal - 10% but increasing
Stay in EU - 5%
5% chance of something else stemming from a people's vote.

Teresa May and the entire EU telling MPs and the British people, that her deal is the best they are going to get, is making things worse. People just need to wait until the last moment patiently - ideally by improving the deal a little. What other choice is there? MPs have egos bigger than most...
Applying logic is also a no no. We got ourselves into this mess and we will jolly well take our time getting out of it and we don't need your help thank you very much!
Following the vote delay, the leader announced that MPs will talk about everything non-brexit this week.. In addition, usual 3 weeks off at Christmas... "Keep Calm and Carry On" is our motto and we are sticking to it.

Further off topic:

First go in the M3 today. Wife loved it. I've spent so much time looking at videos etc. that I found almost nothing surprising. It is a quality car - everything that you would expect really from a modern classic.

Partially OT, but Tesla and something to pass the time before the big 360 fight in just over an hour...

It's big, loud and secretive: We got a tour of Tesla's Gigafactory and here's how it works

It's big, loud and secretive: We got a tour of Tesla's Gigafactory and here's how it works

Panasonic President Allan Swan said there are already 11 battery cell production lines in operation and two more under construction.

The two incoming production lines, he said, will produce double the output of the older lines.

Last edited:
I can't find this anywhere else, so can't verify.

Tesla readies second US dollar auto ABS deal

Tesla is looking to sell its second ever US dollar auto asset-backed bond deal, a US$837.39m trade that will be rated by Moody's, according to a lead bank.

The electric carmaker plans to bundle up auto leases into a five-part bond deal that is expected to be announced later this week.

The "rated by Moody's" interests me. Does that mean it's possible Tesla gets an upgraded Moody's rating very soon?

I see that this post generated lots of "disagrees", but it does concern me that Elon publicly acknowledged that his tweets aren't being pre-reviewed. Presumably, this includes his Tesla-related tweets. I would not underestimate the ability of a federal agency to make trouble for Elon / Tesla if they believe the terms of the settlement aren't being followed. I share Elon's lack of respect for the SEC, but I'd rather not stir up a hornet's nest.

Perhaps we should look on Elon's declaring his lack of respect for SEC from a glass half full perspective. At least he didn't explain WHY he doesn't respect the SEC. To wit, SEC penalizes Musk and Tesla for a tweet saying he's considering going private, at behest of interests who are daily committing wholesale and illegal manipulation of Tesla stock.
That would have been barbecuing the hornet's nest with a Boring company flame thrower. :eek:

Selling puts is so much fun

2A9CBBAD-7092-4A67-AF1E-0ADF0DD69AC8.jpeg

Jaguar I-Pace caught fire in the Netherlands while parked:

Een kudtkoekiewall. Omdat dat moet, van de kudtkoekiewet.

3bccff7cc8_Jaguar-Fik-2.jpg

0d01815eec_Jaguar-fik-1.jpg

They just started delivering the things, have under 5k on the roads... and one already caught on fire? Seriously?

We're still awaiting the first fire in a consumer Model 3.

Hopefully it was just vandalism... somehow, I really doubt that, though. Jaguar is investigating.

Last edited:
Jaguar I-Pace caught fire in the Netherlands while parked:

Een kudtkoekiewall. Omdat dat moet, van de kudtkoekiewet.

They just started delivering the things, have under 5k on the roads... and one already caught on fire? Seriously?

We're still awaiting the first fire in a consumer Model 3.

Hopefully it was just vandalism... somehow, I really doubt that, though.

I have a feeling that there will be very little media attention brought to this. Now if it had been a Model 3...

Not that I wish Jaguar would get the same kind of treatment as Tesla did when some negative news came up.

Status
Not open for further replies.