Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Note the date on the article. It took three days for anyone to get ahold of this story. Can you imagine how quickly the press would have jumped on it if it were a Tesla?

I do. Jaguar can go bankrupt for all I care. They're a manufacturer stereotypically famous for making obnoxious cars for obnoxious drivers. They're obsessed with "Tesla killers" and have relied heavily on grossly misleading advertisement so far. Their car gobbles power at an almost inexplicable rate. I could care less what happens to them. There's a lot more "reputable" Tesla competition out there (Hyundai / Kia, Porsche, etc) to cheer for.

The joke is that if you want a Jaguar, you should buy two - one to drive, and the other as a backup for when the first one is in the garage getting fixed.

Electric Jaguars catching on fire will NOT be good for Tesla.

People don't believe that Tesla's catch on fire, they believe electric cars do. As much as I'd love for Jaguar to die a slow painful death (ok, a fast one works too), we do actually need for them to be successful with this car - the more electric cars on the road, the more understood and accepted they will be.

They were doing everything they could to stay alive but it was brutal.

Did you notice when the interviewer asked, what he thought about Tesla now, Musk said, "most likely we will succeed".

He didn't puff his chest - and I wouldn't fault him if he did - and say, "we will be the no 1 automaker" and such.

Electric Jaguars catching on fire will NOT be good for Tesla.

People don't believe that Tesla's catch on fire, they believe electric cars do. As much as I'd love for Jaguar to die a slow painful death (ok, a fast one works too), we do actually need for them to be successful with this car - the more electric cars on the road, the more understood and accepted they will be.

Tesla has had multiple fires and come through OK.
People _know_ cars burn.
And this isn't Tesla.

Status
Not open for further replies.