Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT

Macro drop apparently due to Trump threatening a government shutdown unless he gets his border wall.

Congress can cause a government shutdown. Trump can't. Unless he wants to get impeached and removed from office, which he seems to be courting eagerly.

14 Senate Republicans have already broken ranks over the Yemen war. An unwanted government shutdown? How many more will break ranks? It only needs 20, and Trump is outta there.

It seems like others I'm a little reticent to add at 370, but to all those covering today:
350b981304c3e97baf59b3deba443bc1.jpg

I actually even added at 372 on Friday. I just want to help squeeze with every penny I have. I know its like grain of salt in the ocean, but a lot of grains together can form a solid rock.

OT

Congress can cause a government shutdown. Trump can't. Unless he wants to get impeached and removed from office, which he seems to be courting eagerly.

14 Senate Republicans have already broken ranks over the Yemen war. An unwanted government shutdown? How many more will break ranks? It only needs 20, and Trump is outta there.

He's accepting responsibility because he knows his base (and enough others likely) will see it as being unlike a politician, which is what they love about him. Even though he was pandering, I did get a chuckle that Pelosi wanted to chat privately, and he said he wanted transparency.

Seems Tesla is the only one that avoided Chinese partners introduced to their enterprise, probably b/c they open sourced their patents and there's not much to steal?

TSMC is the first one to manage it. Building a factory there without the need for a Chinese partner. Whether or not TSMC is considered foreign is another matter.

But seems like if you have tech they want, you get this special treatment.

Elon might not care about ev tech being stolen by China. It will advance the ev revolution faster. And getting that country with hige environmental problems off ICE might have the greatest effect on climate change.

CNBC Washington reporter just tweeted the White House called for pool reporters to gather on short notice. Said it means Trump might be on camera again soon.

Usually it's someone else who says, "What the president meant to say was..." Perhaps he'll try to repair his "shutdown" statement on his own.

Hold on to your hats...

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
TSMC is the first one to manage it. Building a factory there without the need for a Chinese partner. Whether or not TSMC is considered foreign is another matter.

But seems like if you have tech they want, you get this special treatment.

Elon might not care about ev tech being stolen by China. It will advance the ev revolution faster. And getting that country with hige environmental problems off ICE might have the greatest effect on climate change.
No No, electronics and automotive are regulated differently, before this, every auto factory have to be JV, and no sole foreign owned factory was allowed.
China lifted the limit this year, probably for Tesla.
GF1 was the first solely foreign owned auto factory announced, after it some other OEM also announced intention for solely owned factories, IIRC VW and GM etc.

Last edited:
CNBC Washington reporter just tweeted the White House called for pool reporters to gather on short notice. Said it means Trump might be on camera again soon.

Usually it's someone else who says, "What the president meant to say was..." Perhaps he'll try to repair his "shutdown" statement on his own.

Hold on to your hats...
He should really blame the Mexican president for the shutdown. Because he refused to pay for the wall no matter how nicely asked.

Lest anyone here forget: we first learned of him from Elon/Tesla accusing him of sabotage. Only later did he start claiming he was a whistleblower.
It's very telling that the lawyer for the whistleblower action bailed. I don't see why Meissner would bail when Tesla has such deep pockets unless the evidence against Tripp is pretty bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.