Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
representing himself? always the sign of a savvy mind with a strong case ... .... ....
There are times when it makes sense to represent yourself. Such as when the point is there being a case and you are pinching pennies. The US legal system makes it easy for even a witless pro se to drag the matter on and on. Sadly, I have some experience with this (not on the receiving end, but it was close).

That said, I think this guy is fubar'd. Just speculating, but I'd hazard that the attorney dumped him. I've seen that happen when a duplicitous client is caught conning his attorney.

So, it sorta looks like they buckled on the first issue of opening the market, but not on the second issue of stealing technologies?

Seems Tesla is the only one that avoided Chinese partners introduced to their enterprise, probably b/c they open sourced their patents and there's not much to steal?

I don't know how they did it but that was huge news that was barely covered. It's possible that China just really wants EVs to take off and to be a part of that growth. Makes things easier when you don't have a climate change conspiracy theorist in power I guess.
Tesla also agreed to build and fund an R&D center in Beijing. I think this has a key role in China’s approval of Tesla. I imagine Tesla’s R&D efforts in China will be shared tech, just my guess.

That "representing himself" doesn't sound good for him. Shows mental issues / high legal jeopardy, if I may speculate.

It doesn't sound voluntary. From some of Meissner's earlier statements, it sounded like he was starting to second guess his decision to defend Tripp.

I read it as him seeing Tripp as either out of control, or guilty as sin. Both things that he was warned about, but that's a different story...

Last edited:
ugh what's the point of me freeing up $40k if nobody's going to bother to put out a bunch of FUD to drive the stock down to $350 so i can buy back in?? Bloomberg, here's a scoop: "Tesla Batteries Harmful If Swallowed!"

The annoying thing is that the possibility of Trump messing over the macros doesn't do it for us. When the long positions in TSLA shorts portfolios lose value, it puts margin pressure on them. They're getting squeezed from both directions. Right now, an increase in the macros might be better for someone looking for a good buy on TSLA ;)

I'm not sure I'd wait all the way for $350. I'm eyeing the mid $350s with my free cash, maybe even upper $350s. But it's hard to say. I never dismiss the possibility of a good black swan.

ugh what's the point of me freeing up $40k if nobody's going to bother to put out a bunch of FUD to drive the stock down to $350 so i can buy back in?? Bloomberg, here's a scoop: "Tesla Batteries Harmful If Swallowed!"
Yes - in the last few days we haven't had a real FUD or bad news hit Tesla. If (and when) it does, we'll know how strong the support prices are. I'd be reasonably confident buying at 353 and very confident at 325. Today's support levels of 365 & 361 - I'm not so sure.

Tesla is seeking $167 million in damages from the former employee Elon Musk accused of sabotage

"Tripp was represented by Meissner Associates in the whistleblower matter earlier, but is now representing himself, attorney Stuart Meissner told CNBC. Meissner declined to comment further. Tripp also declined requests for comment."

I like how the article shifts the narrative, making it sound like Tripp brought his concerns forward publicly and then Tesla went after him, rather than the other way around.

Lest anyone here forget: we first learned of him from Elon/Tesla accusing him of sabotage. Only later did he start claiming he was a whistleblower.

It seems like others I'm a little reticent to add at 370, but to all those covering today:
350b981304c3e97baf59b3deba443bc1.jpg

I don't know how they did it but that was huge news that was barely covered. It's possible that China just really wants EVs to take off and to be a part of that growth. Makes things easier when you don't have a climate change conspiracy theorist in power I guess.
And when your "air" is visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.