Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI $TSLAQ are advertising that they plan to drop a massive scoop right after market close. Something about fraud, missing VINs, ABL, cash position, Q3 miracle, etc.

TeslaCharts on Twitter
"Elon Says" on Twitter
HOARY operatic MARMOT, STOCK TRADER on Twitter
HOARY operatic MARMOT, STOCK TRADER on Twitter

That's like advertising that the Washington Post is going to wait until the "Friday night news dump" to publish a story that they have proof that Trump colluded with the Russians.

Doesn't make any sense.

The general forces driving this slow short squeeze are quite real, but we've risen so much that eventually there's going to be temptation for many people to profit-take to buy other stocks that are depressed right now.

One very simplistic version of a slow short squeeze could happen if the current, high daily closing price would continue to edge upwards. The daily closing price would drive new short sellers into forced covering, thus ensuring more margin calls the following day, potentially getting into an actual chain reaction of margin calls.

So whether by design or not, the sudden, sharp drop of the SP a little while ago to below yesterday's close would provide the short sellers with a bit of breathing space.

For now.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
One very simplistic version of a slow short squeeze could happen if the current, high daily closing price would continue to edge upwards. The daily closing price would drive new short sellers into forced covering, thus ensuring more margin calls the following day, potentially getting into an actual chain reaction of margin calls.

So whether by design or not, the sudden, sharp drop of the SP a little while ago to below yesterday's close would provide the short sellers with a bit of breathing space.

For now.

Shorty has been very lucky to have the $TSLA rally happen during a big down-turn. OK, maybe they have other stock being hammered, while Tesla goes up, but it would have been a lot worse otherwise, It think.

Next year will be a different matter, assuming we get profits again in Q1 and less capex spending as forecast.

Feb $370c at $25 or less would require stock to drop into the $350s, correct? I think the week between Christmas and New Year's, or indexes breaking down key supports, are your best bet. Would you still enter into the stock under the latter scenario?
Yes, i would and yes it MAY require a more close in or even MORE volatile tape. But, as I noted above I'd start to maybe build the entry call at 370 when/if we get to 30$, which wouldn't require as much of an overall stock move. If I was long equity, I'd probably be selling the 395$ at this point in order to capture the premium, then waiting for another dip lower to enter the 370$ strike

Status
Not open for further replies.