Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s unfortunate for sure. Perfect opportunity to start the switch to EVs.

On another eye rolling thought, there’s now no need for them to announce the job cuts in January as the media just announced them in December.
True but "January" may never come I feel a Br-Br Exit, arm twisting coming on. ( and there will be more (allCBI members ) ). Still a pause in production will enable them to get the new model sorted , Sounds like panel gaps are the least of their worries:p

• Helpful
Reactions: Krugerrand
...and so I guess it was real.
twitter is a cesspit so I'm not wasting time on it, but the quick look only shows that he had a picture, and someone indicating his posting history was anti-Tesla. In particular, the core of his claim is that he was contracted and it wasn't for immediate pickup -- which can be spun however you like. Maybe "real", maybe not. But when the signal to noise ratio is as bad as it is on twitter? For me, its an ignore -- no input either way.

Now, if someone actually has verifiable information that has relevant details rather than vague or generalized statements -- something that is actionable -- then I'm interested

Maybe @tivoboy too. Looking to add some more leverage myself in the mid-to-low $350s.
I’m working now on the bull spread. Will probably sell the dec 345 put bought Friday it’s up nearly 3x which was my trigger. But I’m exposed then at 330$ with the 325 cover. It’s just this week so I’m not too concerned. I’d love to get long again at 330$ makes it easier to sell calls out in feb with a 1 by 2 bull spread. I’ll post the numbers when I’m done reviewing. But if anyone bought the dec 345 I posted Friday if we get a push down to 350$ (mostly on market dynamics) that put will go to 4-5x fast so set your target and don’t be a pig. ;-)

Before buying my S, the most I had spent on a car was $9k. It was, by far, more expensive than all previous cars I’ve owned combined.
That's me (with my l3mr). I was in a state of shock getting the car (sadly, I'm not kidding -- my house was less than twice the car). I'm slowly adjusting, but it makes me nervous to have my car sitting out in the lot where I can't see it.

My wife talked to her parents and the phone got quickly handed to me (more technical questions) but they are very interested in Tesla and EVs now. I don't know that it will go anywhere, but word of mouth spreads quickly and advertising agencies know that personal referrals are the most valued (which is why they try to make ads seem that way).

I think the SR will cinch things for Tesla, and if they had a way to sell a reasonable vehicle at $25k they would, I think, sell to the entire market. Though I expect them to take the mid to higher end and leave the low end to competitors or used vehicles.

Low is showing as $355.10 for me:
daylow.png

I’m working now on the bull spread. Will probably sell the dec 345 put bought Friday it’s up nearly 3x which was my trigger. But I’m exposed then at 330$ with the 325 cover. It’s just this week so I’m not too concerned. I’d love to get long again at 330$ makes it easier to sell calls out in feb with a 1 by 2 bull spread. I’ll post the numbers when I’m done reviewing. But if anyone bought the dec 345 I posted Friday if we get a push down to 350$ (mostly on market dynamics) that put will go to 4-5x fast so set your target and don’t be a pig. ;-)

IMHO, you're going to be hard pressed to see $330 - that'll take a pretty bad confluence of news. Not impossible, though (maybe a terrible deliveries report?), but I wouldn't put it high on the probability list.

As you note... don't get greedy :)

twitter is a cesspit so I'm not wasting time on it, but the quick look only shows that he had a picture, and someone indicating his posting history was anti-Tesla. In particular, the core of his claim is that he was contracted and it wasn't for immediate pickup -- which can be spun however you like. Maybe "real", maybe not. But when the signal to noise ratio is as bad as it is on twitter? For me, its an ignore -- no input either way.

Now, if someone actually has verifiable information that has relevant details rather than vague or generalized statements -- something that is actionable -- then I'm interested

Oh, the good ole days when people needed historical background, references, details and the like before they were trusted sources of information.

It’s like nobody knows about the Frenchman on the Internet.

We bounced back from 355 three times. I closed a call I had sold and bought some calls. There was a 110k order at 356.

We'll test 355 again if Nasdaq goes back to 6810 levels.

But today TSLA is rather bearish - lagging Nasdaq by 1.6% (down 2.2% vs 0.6%).
I think the reason why it sometimes lags behind Nasdaq is because of the low float and how easy it is for algos to punch through the order book. That’s why we sometimes see huge sudden declines before it corrects itself

Congrats to all who bought in the trough. Next week could present a similar opportunity if history is a good predictor.

Quite possible. And I hope so, given that I'm waiting on a a SWIFT transfer (money from stock sales in the mid-to-upper $370s) to be able to burn the rest of my liquidity .

You know... while we can't realistically hold a party together since we're scattered all over the globe.. I think it would be awesome if we all held our own celebrations when the stock hits $420 and post pictures from them. :) I'll at least be wearing my Bankwupt shirt. Maybe I'll make a cake with a picture of Montana Skeptic's profile icon on it, with "TSLAQ" written under it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.