Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Electrek reporting that Tesla have a new Easter-Egg in the form of a "Fart App", could pop the SP in early trading?

Tesla actually releases a ‘fart app’ as an Easter egg in its vehicles

FWIW, I've never seen a Sunday delivery on teslastats.no in something like 2 years, so I agree with you, probably something happened.

Another piece of evidence: Norway's deliveries are 70 today, and it's midday. From past experience, is gonna be a *good* week. Make sure to check Tesla Registration Stats to cheer you up if the SP is disappointing ;-)
We're gonna surpass 2017 deliveries this week, if rate remains stable.

Just because he's a trucker who works for a firm hired by Tesla doesn't mean he isn't predisposed to be hostile to Tesla. Occam's razor says he was kept waiting for days, as he claims he was. And that he is looking for reasons to be hostile to Tesla too.

(Though as for his claim that Tesla isn't paying his firm -- how would he know? THAT sounds bogus, as it's above his pay grade. He says his firm was willing to pay him for the extra time, and they clearly want their contract with Tesla -- they expect to get paid and make a profit.)

Any clue what carrier he works for? They could answer the pay question.

Another piece of evidence: Norway's deliveries are 70 today, and it's midday. From past experience, is gonna be a *good* week. Make sure to check Tesla Registration Stats to cheer you up if the SP is disappointing ;-)
We're gonna surpass 2017 deliveries this week, if rate remains stable.

Another 566 deliveries needed for 2018 to surpass 2017's total - Q4 has been quite down on Q4 last year, but Q1 and 2 were way up.

I'll still maintain that Tesla have been prioritising USA deliveries in the second half of the year.

• Informative
Reactions: immunogold
OT

Two words: Puerto Rico.

Containers make it easier to transport through multiple means, including ships to get overseas.

More importantly, you're missing something: The Megapack shouldn't be *in* a container -- it should *be* a container. That is, it should be the external size and shape of a container, with the same shipping abilities. You set the entire container in place, and you're done; it never gets carried back.

If you look at the video Vincent posted of the project office for Gigafactory 3, it's made of shipping containers. That's the model.

I wasn't missing that. The original post I was replying to was speaking of shipping the mega in containers (as I read it). If it were not, I would have argued that making a unit that ships once in its life meet the requirements of that mode of shipping is not sensible. Consider the extra structure needed to allow stacking and the extra structure needed to avoid damage to the sides. Contrast that with the usage case of the unit where one side is all doors for access. It would also force the unit's dimensions to conform which also pushes the 5ish foot width to 8 ish feet making the final installation much larger.

Converted shipping container temporary offices are intended to move again, so not a place once senario.

Puerto Rico was in some cases a temporary set up, but it used power pack +inverter setups on flatbed as stationary power sources.

The forum software does NOT make it easy to hit "reply in different thread". I might suggest that this be added as a feature.

It's not it that hard. Write your post like normal then 'select all', 'cut', jump to proper forum, and 'paste'.
Easy to post, however no one from the original thread will know about the post other than the one you replied to. Posting a link to the proper thread also seems ineffective. Mods moving the sub discussion and post a link does seem to work, but is the most work for them...

Edit: or select relevent sections , use popup quote button, then go to proper forum, insert the quotes, and compose reply. This allows pulling references from multiple threads.
You can even use it to reply to 10 posts at once after reading them all instead of individually as you get to them. If you do that, watch out for context if you quote blocked people since those quotes won't show up. Delete user number in quote to remove blocking.

Edit x2: @bhtooefr posted a better version of my edit as I was addenduming.

Edit x3: multi replies does mess up the ratings...

Last edited:
It's not it that hard. Write your post like normal then 'select all', 'cut', jump to proper forum, and 'paste'.
Easy to post, however no one from the original thread will know about the post other than the one you replied to. Posting a link to the proper thread also seems ineffective. Mods moving the sub discussion and post a link does seem to work, but is the most work for them...

It's even easier than that - hit the "+ QUOTE" link on a post you want to quote, then it'll be available in the quick reply at the bottom of the page (with the Insert Quotes button) on any thread.

Also, if you're in a long thread and want to reply to something before you get to the end of the thread... the reply link will put a quote in the quick reply, and you can even write your reply... but don't post it. The forum software will save your draft automatically, so finish reading the thread, and then you'll have all of the necessary context.

New Um, we also have the second, along with minutes, hours, days, years (no 10 based values here)
Metric has subdivisions of a second, killoseconds, mega seconds (which is fine when doing programming)

Then there is the degrees vs radians thing (lat and long, elevation and azimuth (no not Isaac) )

You just wait until we better conform to the post-Republican spirit of the ancient Roman calendar.

Quintilis -> became Iulius
Sextilis -> was changed to Augustus
September -> behold, I give you Aurantiacus just for our very own U S of A

We should really be more au-tweetant. Back to business! :confused:

Last edited:
7h7 hours ago
Badger24 Retweeted VICKI SALVADOR

Anyone else find it surprising that @VickiSalvador posts $TSLA production volumes without repercussions? This despite signing an NDA and having a CEO known to monitor Twitter and harshly punish transgressors....
1f914.png
1f914.png
1f914.png

Badger24 added,

Replying to @eddiemac3356

4h4 hours ago
Pbbbt. I’m not posting production volumes at all I’m just talking about bodies out of the paint shop these cars aren’t even built yet shows what you know
Login on Twitter

3h3 hours ago
Replying to @breizh_72 @davidtayar5 @Badger24
Every day that we go to work we want to do better than the day before. The more bodies that get through our line the more bodies get to GA. As long as we’ve got cars on that line and it’s moving without gaps we are happy. Some of us would even like to see that line sped up a bit

Her comment shows that the paint shop is indeed not a bottle neck any more as they seem to be able to speed up or feel like they could. Thats a good confirmation to have.

No surprise that Vicki is attacked by shorts and trolls. Lets all support her.

Well, they kind of are production numbers. It’s not like there’s a lot of extra room at Fremont factory to be storing painted shells until GA catches up. And it’s not like they can paint air, so BIW is putting shells together to be painted.

Ferdinand Dudenhöffer, one of Germany's foremost independent auto experts who famously predicted the rise of Tesla some years back, thinks VW could surpass Tesla in Europe sometime in 2021. From memory - currently missing the link.

Here goes: WiWo [Business Week] Tesla: 2019 verdoppelt sich die Zahl der E-Auto-Zulassungszahlen

Dudenhöffer predicts [based on this year's data] that the Model 3 will be the number one EV in Germany in 2019, with up to 20'000 sold. Sometime after 2021, VW should then take the lead.

While the study clearly pronounces China to be the most important market for EVs by far, it hands Tesla the crown when it comes to innovative potential.

Ya I definitely agree our choice of SO are very different. Just my luck that most of the girls I date would blow up knowing that I gave tsla that amount of money. At the same time we kept our finances separate and she doesn't know so it's all good. By the way, I find that this is the current trend amongst peers my age. 100% of my circle of friends don't combine their finances.

Certainly generations go through trends. It’s not surprising that currently you’re seeing a lot of money separation. It’s a view of what’s mine is mine and what’s yours is yours. (Tends not to be a strong marriage foundation thought process, but some succeed.) It can be a sign of wanting to keep independence, especially for women. It can also be a protective action - certainly gives the impression that splitting up and going in separate directions would be easier after a breakup/divorce. I’ve heard for decades how women should have a secret bank account from their husbands.

Money is super psychological for a lot of people. For me and my spouse it’s ‘meh’. But hiding things from each other, other than birthday, Christmas or anniversary gifts is a no go in our household. If we can’t trust each other not to keep secrets, then we got nothing.

Watching TSLA climb and sink and climb and sink and sink and sink and climb etc... is weekly (sometimes daily) conversation. A chance to check in to make sure we’re both still on the same page and that neither has seen a new path or opportunity.

I'm not trying to estimate deliveries, I'm trying to estimate production (although obviously the two are related). Production is the benchmark mentioned for a Moody's upgrade.

Do we still have people thinking Moody is going to upgrade Tesla? Mwhahahaha! I feel that’s akin to most everyones upcoming New Year’s resolutions

I just find the initial tweet itself incredibly suspect - first one after more than two years and the person immediately complains to Elon with a Fox News hash-tag. Totally suspect if you ask me.

Fits the description of one of the hacked/bot accounts that we've discussed. Only recently have these old accounts come alive and started posted either explicitly or implicitly negative things about Tesla. I had not seen this activity until recently (re: Tesla, that is).

More than once I've been tempted to post here to warn of incoming bad news that may affect the stock price, but thought better of it bc I couldn't verify the information. Outside of a few trusted sources, Twitter is not great for market action.

is this new dip from the Wired hit-piece? I've seen it linked to or shared by a lot of people, including NPR's 1A.

Personally i love it when the stock tanks based on a dumb tweet or reports that someone thinks Elon's a jerk. It's the easiest money. It has nothing to do with the profitability or future of the company. nobody is going to care that Elon was rude to a guy (who literally sabotaged their factory) when they finally wake up to the reality of the position Tesla has put itself in.

Fourth quarter financials will (again!) make it clear that the Model 3 has been a wild success, and much more profitable than anyone outside the company believed possible. Nobody's going to care about the CEO's manners at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.