Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect the orders are far below expectations hence to addition of more countries so quickly. I was thinking Europe could help maintain sales for a quarter of two but maybe not.

Tesla said that all European reservation holders would be able to order in December. They probably didn’t open up ordering for all countries at the same time, in order to spread the load.

It actually works the opposite way, the speedometer in cars are required to report the speed you are going or higher. Most cars over report the speed by ~2 MPH

No, you can even see in Bjorns videos that Tesla over reports the speed as well. (He uses his GPS to go the same speed in his test drives of various cars, in most cars he has to go ~4 KPH over the speed he wants to actually drive.

Here are some details: Why Your Car's Speedometer Is Wrong

My 3 over reports speed by 2, consistently. I know this by how many speed checks I’ve passed, as well the one time my spouse was stopped for speeding and the radar gun was 2 mph lower than the car said it was going at the time. (Btw, no ticket. Cop used the speed as the reason to stop us but was actually looking for something else. Got a friendly warning and sent on our way.)

Krugerrand!
When are those feline avatars of yours going to develop into LIONS?
Kittens are OK but where's the power?

I apologize. I should not have swapped out upside down cat for Starbucks sipping kitten. I got too cocky. Grinch cat stays for now because that’s what’s happening with SP and more importantly that’s how I feel. Trust me, though, Grinch cat will get the job done. He just doesn’t like to be told how or when. Patience.

Last edited:
Tesla said that all European reservation holders would be able to order in December. They probably didn’t open up ordering for all countries at the same time, in order to spread the load.

Don't be silly. It's because of no demand. And anyway none of these cars are going to make it to Europe bc they haven't received type approval. Who would let a car with a a built in iPad on the road? Aren't smartphones bad enough??

EDIT: my sarcasm didn't come through on this. I am a failure.

Last edited:
Went by the Gude drive Tesla Service center in Rockville, Maryland, USA, about 10 miles north of the Washington DC beltway.
outside there was a square white tent (appx 25x25ft or so) I have never seen before.
Counted a lot of Tesla 3, S, X. there were a few with license plates.
It seemed around vaguely 60 - 80 vehicles and a bunch of them had lights on, 3-5 were moving. 6 - 10 folks walking around outside,
peeked inside and saw probably 10+ but didn't stop.
basically, there is a lot going on and i suspect numbers will be better than expected
hopefully this helps a bit

You probably think you're happy now; but once you get your new M3, you're going to be so happy that you'll get tired of being happy.

I guess this is why the Tesla Shorts call it a cult stock, they just don't get it. Driving a Tesla is such a different experience, unlike any other car. Case in point: my sister-in-law texted me this morning. They picked up a Pearl White LR AWD back in October, white interior and sport wheels, just like my L3MUR. She told me shortly after she picked it up that she can't believe how much she likes her Model 3, considering she has never been a "car person". Today she said:" I love it so much. It is so fun to drive. I just think it's easy. Doesn't compare to any of our other cars that we have had. And, I kept thinking that the newness would wear off, but the longer we have it the more I like it!"
Just one note I might add: this is even in the middle of winter in PA, with no mention of any range anxiety because of the cold.

OT
Thoughts?? Give this market, how difficult will it be for TSLA to access financial markets? What are the chances that they need to?

Except WWIII level events zero chance I'd say - they already earned the cash for paying back the $920m March 2019 notes in Q3 - cash flow in Q4'18/Q1'19/Q2'19 is for growing faster. Tesla is sustainably cash flow positive.

Worst-case they'll grow a bit slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.