Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
340, but its the Open Interest in Put Options thats in play today:

Strike: Puts:
320 10.56K
330 8.16K

If market makers can force a close above those strike prices, they pocket the cash.

Cheers!
340 is perhaps a bridge too far. Esp when Nasdaq is down.

My guess is, SP will close between 320 and 325 barring any good/bad news. If government shutdown is averted, macros may help SP close near 330.

• Informative
Reactions: erha
Krugerrand!
When are those feline avatars of yours going to develop into LIONS?
Kittens are OK but where's the power?

Time to skip lions and go straight to Manticores?
manticore_by_douzen-d66ldxs.jpg

I got out of all of my short-term leverage earlier this week -- I think we are going lower before we go higher. For the longs that are holding through the storm, I sincerely hope I'm wrong! I had overexposed, so this is simply a risk management move.
About to pull half out on next upswing. I don’t see any catalyst that can drive the market higher. FAANG is crazy overvalued

About to pull half out on next upswing. I don’t see any catalyst that can drive the market higher. FAANG is crazy overvalued

I think with TSLA there is always a risk of a sharp upswing if it's perceived to have hit a bottom, but I'm okay with missing the absolute bottom and waiting for a reversal indication before I buy back into short term calls.

Last I saw a couple days ago it was around $330. It updates consfancon though, just Google it and you can see the number.
Today is also a quadruple witching day. I'm not sure what that means lol - but monthly options expire and about 3 other variables expire as well (something in futures etc). This only happens about 4 days per year...so all the folks I'm seeing are closing day trade positions due to the increased volatility as the algos battle out for the Market Makers.

How short terms are you talking on your calls?

January, February, and March.

What do you mean when you say ugly macros exactly?

Market sentiment (every small rally is immediately sold off), political dysfunction, and economic storm clouds just starting to form on the distant horizon.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: AndyH and azaz
Status
Not open for further replies.