Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve had to eject from a fighter jet, flew 40 combat missions off of aircraft carriers, and got ran over by a car (twice) resulting in 20 broken bones, both lungs collapsed and a third of my skin gone.

This ain’t nothing:)
Good on ya mate! Thank you for your service and damn glad you're still with us!

I’m not seeing the number in the PDF. But I payed with Credit Card so it could be a serial for people paying with bank transfer?

No, there are different PDFs. The one you need is when you log in on the bottom right and says (German version) "Rechnung für Anzahlung". I confused that with the PDF from the Email in an earlier post I think, sorry.

• Helpful
Reactions: lklundin and mutle
If anyone feels bad, just look at AAPL lol
yeah, that's some pain. I had picked some up in Feb ~140, sold at 200$ (thought that was great, then we went to 224$), kept 1/3 of the position. I'm pretty surprised we're HERE at 140$ again, but I'm okay just holding the position. But still, in 45 days this company has lost 400 BILLION in market cap. That's nearly TEN TESLAS INC's

Last edited:
yes and yes. :-(,,, ;-)
I'm holding out for 300 for my 'dip' purchases.

I'm also not sure about delivery number being a positive. It sounds like the market already assumes good delivery numbers - so any positive will come only with much higher than anticipated numbers or language with the delivery statement that is bullish.

So that really leaves macros and Q4 earnings to lift the stock.

One thing I'm more sure of now than a couple of weeks back - any kind of squeeze is unlikely.

yeah, that's some pain. I had picked some up in Feb ~140, sold at 200$ (thought that was great, then we went to 224$), kept 1/3 of the position. I'm pretty surprised we're HERE at 140$ again, but I'm okay just holding the position. But still, in 45 days this company has lost 400 BILLION in market cap. That's nearly TEN TESLAS.
Man I didn't realize the cars were THAT expensive...

So now I've got my sell in... wake me up when it sells in a couple weeks.
Cheers everyone!

View attachment 362852
So, unless you are going to antarctica or a remote island, I probably wouldn't leave that open GTC till 4/zz/19. You'll probably see that number soon enough, and higher. IF you want take some money off, I would consider selling SOME at XYZ number, this or maybe higher and then ladder up? Or sell it all here, but I think we'll see a 10-20% higher number between now ant 4/xx/19.

Just a though.

yeah, that's some pain. I had picked some up in Feb ~140, sold at 200$ (thought that was great, then we went to 224$), kept 1/3 of the position. I'm pretty surprised we're HERE at 140$ again, but I'm okay just holding the position. But still, in 45 days this company has lost 400 BILLION in market cap. That's nearly TEN TESLAS.
There is a problem with Apple and more generally FAANG. Facebook is a goner - not sure why anyone would be bullish on that. They are going to get into a lot of regulatory issues that will hamper any kind of growth at a minimum. Apple is not a growth stock anymore. Buy it for the dividend. Netflix - why is it even there ? Who wants to pay 100 million a year for Friends reruns ? Amazon and Google will have regulatory issues too.

If FAANG is supposed to represent NASDAQ, we will continue to have problems.

My two cents:

I won’t try to predict the market as it has proven itself to be completely irrational, but I will say that I also think the fear is overblown. The fundamentals of the economy seem strong, so I think this correction will reverse in the new year as Trump gets his s**t together (or as well as he can).
Or goes so far off his rocker that everyone recognizes it and he gets hauled off to the loony bin.

My two cents:

I won’t try to predict the market as it has proven itself to be completely irrational, but I will say that I also think the fear is overblown. The fundamentals of the economy seem strong, so I think this correction will reverse in the new year as Trump gets his s**t together (or as well as he can).
If the macros getting better are dependant on Trump getting better at being Potus - we are doomed.

It only goes down hill from here for Trump - with Mueller report coming in a few months, Dems taking over the House and neoconservative getting angry about not being in as many wars as we should always be in, it's going to get a lot more "interesting".

If the macros getting better are dependant on Trump getting better at being Potus - we are doomed.

It only goes down hill from here for Trump - with Mueller report coming in a few months, Dems taking over the House and neoconservative getting angry about not being in as many wars as we should always be in, it's going to get a lot more "interesting".

I really meant just getting a new SECDEF and getting the gov't going again. Now is just a particular time of extra crisis that's spooking everyone. I suspect if Congress starts getting a clue and begins talking impeachment, it might cause a rally.

$TSLA is a safety stock, IMO. Who else ended up today and is expecting hell-a-quarter results?
Pity someone just sold TSLA for AMZN. Not looking good there, should run from the staples. They're just plain overweight IMO.

Still waiting for my remote control Summons update... Maybe Santa delivers.

In the past 4 months, WS analysts covering Tesla have on avg taken their 2019 TSLA EPS forecast up 202%.

am I joking?

Currently, the 29 analysts covering Tesla that Yahoo Finance tracks show an average 2019 EPS forecast of $6.88.

TSLA Analyst Opinion | Analyst Estimates | Tesla, Inc. Stock - Yahoo Finance

I have a screenshot from 8/6 showing the avg forecast just 4 months ago was $2.28 (second row, far right column).

Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 1.13.04 PM.png

The FUD game is not simply about fabricating falsehoods, it is also heavily, but, more subtly about a fairly strong media blackout on positives about Tesla, Elon Musk, their products and TSLA.

I am skeptical about any other stock in the Nasdaq 100 having had it's EPS raised 202% within a 4 month span this year. Same for S&P 500.

Could we find an example of this in the past 3 years among either index, or among any companies with market caps over $25 billion? Past 5 years? I don't know, maybe, maybe not... but, if there are other examples... if there's another company that had a starting $25 billion market cap or larger that had its average forward EPS revised 200% over a span of 4 months, I'm extremely confident that company was the subject of gushing bullish commentary, not the 70% or so negative reporting Clean Technica has chronicled for Tesla. Not the NY Times, over and over and over again ripping Musk and the company apart with grossly misleading stories without any positive stories.

Kara Swisher asked Elon last month how he could be so prickly as to "attack" journalists for ever saying anything critical. How when Donald Trump criticizes the media, how can you do so Elon... Kara, how can the NYTimes week after week come out with sharp, negative, distorted and or fabricated articles about Tesla, without a single positive one as Wall Street analysts raised their estimates 200% in 4 months? We could genuinely use some investigative reporters looking into media coverage of Tesla if they are open to taking this on. Paging Michael Lewis!

Perhaps @ZachShahan might want to look into this 200% EPS raise over 4 months that our media has chosen to react to via stealth mode, as to a large extent they've continued trying to focus people on their narrative that Musk is an unstable arse not fit to run a company (even when that requires cutting up video recorded interviews to remove parts of Musk's sentences to fundamentally change their meaning... I'm talking about 60 Minutes here, not Alex Jones).

What's more, I think by the end of 2019, the analysts will have to tack on another 50% increase to their estimates to match 2019 actuals.

fwiw, I took the screenshot, because, since the April "bankwuptcy" media frenzy, my go to way of calming nervous friends down re TSLA, was to draw their attention to the $2.28 eps forecast... and my feeling that actuals would go to about $8-10. I wanted something concrete to help them realize in time the extent to which the analysts, and more so, the media, are not in the business of informing them, but rather in the business of persuading them to believe someone else's message, including ridiculous messages. I didn't expect any articles in 2019 to document this off the charts outperformance of the experts' analysis of Tesla. The "not an adult in the room," "cult stock," "everyone knows the valuation is crazy high" Tesla the analysts & media explained to us all to stay away from. With all that in mind, I took that screenshot.

Last edited:
I’ve had to eject from a fighter jet, flew 40 combat missions off of aircraft carriers, and got ran over by a car (twice) resulting in 20 broken bones, both lungs collapsed and a third of my skin gone.

This ain’t nothing:)
Wow, much respect!

A-10? When they were based out of Willow Grove NASRJB, they used to fly over our house as we’re a few miles away. Between them and the big transports they shook every window in the house, and at times set the car alarm off!

I really meant just getting a new SECDEF and getting the gov't going again. Now is just a particular time of extra crisis that's spooking everyone. I suspect if Congress starts getting a clue and begins talking impeachment, it might cause a rally.

Markets prefer stability...an impeachment process would be destabilizing plus cause more civil discontent than the USA needs right now.

Man I miss the Tip O’Neil-Reagan years whereby both parties had members that could relate to each other & cut deals derived from love of country & from shared sacrifice (WWII Generation).

Status
Not open for further replies.