Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find that this forum has quite the clout in the investment world. Personally have been contacted by fund managers privately so I know professionals lurk and get infos here. That has some influence.

Aahh .. It's time to wag the Dog ;) Based on the short positions, I think they are still subscribing to SA. Hey (Fund Manager) cancel your SA subscription and join us for free here ;)

3) Elon and Franz are great at designing desirable sleek sports/luxury sedans. That does not mean they can design a super desirable pickup truck. The most popular models are build for extremely poor aero and have this very tough macho design. Will traditional pickup buyers get excited about an aero looking truck? Will it be macho enough? Are a lot of truck buyers enamored with the rumble of the big engine like Harley buyers?

My hope with regard to the pickup is that the unbelievable torque and maybe the association with the Tesla Semi will help with the "macho" aspect.

This has a Cd of .357

images

This has a Cd of .44

upload_2018-4-27_11-58-39.jpeg

There are definitely tricks of the trade to increase aerodynamic efficiency without making a wierdmobile. Tesla pickup will have advantage of completely sealed underneath battery tray.

Regarding the design of pickup truck, I think it will look a little like the semi. It won't appeal to all existing truck buyers, but it could bring new non-truck buyers because of its new design, like what MS did to large luxury sedan segment.

The whole point of the Tesla pickup is to displace fossil fuel demand and put pressure on Detroit to electrify not to make Prius and LEAF owners into Tesla Pickup owners.

If the latter happens at the expense of the former then Tesla pickup is a FAIL. I don't think Tesla pickup will be a fail.

Aahh .. It's time to wag the Dog ;) Based on the short positions, I think they are still subscribing to SA. Hey (Fund Manager) cancel your SA subscription and join us for free here ;)
The SA FUD machine combs these forums relentlessly looking for any negative at all and then incorporates them into their articles. "See, even the TSLA fans are angry about xyz..." :rolleyes:
Montana Skeptic has convinced himself there is a major physical flaw in the Model 3 screen because of a few posts about phantom touches. He's sure Tesla will need to replace all of the screens and maybe redesign the mounting setup.

The SA FUD machine combs these forums relentlessly looking for any negative at all and then incorporates them into their articles. "See, even the TSLA fans are angry about xyz..." :rolleyes:
Montana Skeptic has convinced himself there is a major physical flaw in the Model 3 screen because of a few posts about phantom touches. He's sure Tesla will need to replace all of the screens and maybe redesign the mounting setup.
Not if the weather stays like this.

The whole point of the Tesla pickup is to displace fossil fuel demand and put pressure on Detroit to electrify not to make Prius and LEAF owners into Tesla Pickup owners.

If the latter happens at the expense of the former then Tesla pickup is a FAIL. I don't think Tesla pickup will be a fail.
Sure, but I didn't say Prius and Leaf owners, you did. A lot of other possible customers could come from SUV/minivan segment. And they don't need to convert every ICE truck buyers, just like MS didn't need to take over every S-class 7-series buyers for MBZ/BMW to feel the heat. Lets see what Tesla comes up first, otherwise we're just setting up strawman arguments.

Of course. When all you have is a hammer then everything looks like a nail. If you're a corporate lawyer, then everything looks like a liability law suit.

Reactions: Jonathan Hewitt
Smart shorts have made their money and are exiting?
I'm sure some shorts are smart. But as a whole, shorts tend to have a slower time visualizing and accepting Tesla's potential profitability than longs, to understate it slightly ;) When profitability comes, longs will be the 1st ones buying up shares. When majority of the shorts realize they need to cover, it will be too late.

Sure, but I didn't say Prius and Leaf owners, you did. A lot of other possible customers could come from SUV/minivan segment. And they don't need to convert every ICE truck buyers, just like MS didn't need to take over every S-class 7-series buyers for MBZ/BMW to feel the heat. Lets see what Tesla comes up first, otherwise we're just setting up straw man arguments.

I was exaggerating to make a point.

Not every Tesla pickup owner needs to be a former F150,Silverado, or Ram owner for Tesla pickup to be a success. About the same proportion of Model S owners that are former S Class CLS E Class and 7 6 5 Series is needed.

Heck I know a few Model S owners that are also Silverado,F150, Ram owners. Getting them to switch is also a win.

IF less than 5% of Tesla pickup owners are former owners of a Detroit pickup and if those pickup sales are 80% within 50 miles of the Pacific Ocean then that is a fail.

Reactions: Waiting4M3
Status
Not open for further replies.