Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe people are whining about this call. Yes Elon gave the finger to Wall street, but we have a new factory coming for the Y and one in China. Model 3 is ramping and Elon sees no need for a cash raise. As to Wall Street, they are idiots who don't deserve his time. They will manipulate the stock no matter what he does. SP is only down $15, probably more tomorrow but I expected worse. I was hoping it didn't drop more than $50. I'm happy and I'm long. In the end we win.

I still wanted to hear about the logistics of the cars to end customer. Especially with the lot close to overflowing recently and with anticipated ramp up even further. Like he said no room for Model Y here.
Stop wasting Elon's time to explain that tiny detail to you. Elon has 10 years to 10 bag my money, leave him alone.

Honestly I think the worst question to possibly ask (and I'll make it obvious why) was, "Hey Elon. I know you got like a bunch of reservation for a car unlike any car... strike that... unlike any product in history but can you tell me how those are converting. I mean I know GM never had a car pre-sold out for years before it was even manufactured but that is the only thing that is important for Tesla unlike any other car manufacturer in the world."

People are begging for this car around the world and fools are worried about conversions on a very specific car with very specific/limited options.

I would drop those callers too.

I cannot believe this call...

This guy is Chairman and CEO of a 50B+ company. He's taken like 7-8 questions from a YouTuber? While scolding press and real investors?

next thing you know he'll think he can start his own rocket company by reading about rocketry and eventully take on real aerospace companies like Boeing. this guy.

Is Wall St. having a hissy fit because Elon hung up on a couple of them and are giving the YouTube guy so much time? Stock just tanking...

I believe so.

The commentary of many people on wall street and in the media is bought and paid for. They do not want to be cut off in favor of an outsider whose not bought and paid for getting a voice... makes it harder to sell falsehoods.

I don't think this will be taken lightly. the whole game aspect of wall street and the media is dependent on the near monopoly on the loudspeaker of mass communication and the false air of 'authority.' Elon's actions today were a form of disruption to that game. Much like the two trillion dollar industries Tesla is already disrupting, it's very very likely expect a reaction to what Elon did today.

Status
Not open for further replies.