Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily true. unless its a mid-engine vehicle all front engine vehicle have to have a gas line feeding motor.
Of course but I've seen some pretty severe wrecks with the front half of the vehicle destroyed and no fire resulted.

Mod: The fire appears to have had no market impact, so let's leave it at this or take it elsewhere. --ggr.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Intl Professor
But when was the last time you saw a Leaf crash making the headlines?
Google "Nissan Leaf fires" I get About 452,000 results. The first few hits are "There have been no Leaf fires". Then a lot of posts/articles about fires in Leafs, Teslas, Volts and others. Apparently nobody cares about fires in anything not named Tesla.

Edit: To correct "Bolt" to "Volt".

Last edited:
Anyone else seeing that a close above 302.50 has the potential for a breakout on the 1 month, 3 month, and even 6 month chart? This could suggest a fairly clean run to the close on 2/26 of 357. Thoughts? Thanks

Edit for clarity - It would likely have to close above 302.50 for the week.....required for the longer charts

Reactions: shrspeedblade
Anyone else seeing that a close above 302.50 has the potential for a breakout on the 1 month, 3 month, and even 6 month chart? This could suggest a fairly clean run to the close on 2/26 of 357. Thoughts? Thanks

I'm mostly on the sidelines again waiting for the next dip, but you guys just about have me convinced I'd better not wait too long or I'll be buying the next dip at $320 and not $300!

Edit for clarity - It would likely have to close above 302.50 for the week.....required for the longer charts

I see some heavy resistance around 321 if it happened to run that far.

• Informative
Reactions: Paracelsus
I'm mostly on the sidelines again waiting for the next dip, but you guys just about have me convinced I'd better not wait too long or I'll be buying the next dip at $320 and not $300!

The channel definitely has narrowed to 300.00 - 302.50 with a tremendous amount of pressure on both sides. I have been burned trying to play the channel in real time before, and should have waited for the longer trend to form even though it would have cost me a few points. Close on Friday should spill the beans on the direction, but this channel is squeezing it mid-week so it is a tough call.

The channel definitely has narrowed to 300.00 - 302.50 with a tremendous amount of pressure on both sides. I have been burned trying to play the channel in real time before, and should have waited for the longer trend to form even though it would have cost me a few points. Close on Friday should spill the beans on the direction, but this channel is squeezing it mid-week so it is a tough call.

Too narrow to be random? I'm I the only one thinking that there might be some share purchase / deal in the making? Not sure, but it's a thought.

Google "Nissan Leaf fires" I get About 452,000 results. The first few hits are "There have been no Leaf fires". Then a lot of posts/articles about fires in Leafs, Teslas, Bolts and others. Apparently nobody cares about fires in anything not named Tesla.
I went through the first 5 pages of results, the only LEAF fire references were all about the same Texas incident and one about a charging incident which may not have involved the battery. I saw no Bolt fires, I'd be interested in any links to those.

I went through the first 5 pages of results, the only LEAF fire references were all about the same Texas incident and one about a charging incident which may not have involved the battery. I saw no Bolt fires, I'd be interested in any links to those.

Yes it appears its all about battery chemistry and power density vs safety; Obviously you can mitigate safety somewhat. First chemistry link I found explained it somewhat

Ok, this price action is bizarre. QQQs and other growth stocks up strongly in the last hour. TSLA seems pinned.
Great hope but production fluctuates, so uncertainty rules?
Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 1.41.49 PM.png

• Informative
Reactions: TSLAopt
This is turning into a war of attrition for the 300 - 302.5 battle. This is like watching the Battle of Little Round Top on a trading chart, and Elon had signaled to the 20th Maine that it was time to sweep the hill. And while Elon shows a courage that only a few such as Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain possessed, this time it is the shorts that are the ones that are running short on ammo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.