Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JB also usually doesn't appear in the 10K or 10Q SEC filing. Deepak signs them.

Yes he does. Check 'em.

2017Q1 10-Q said:
In particular, we are highly dependent on the services of Elon Musk, our Chief Executive Officer, and Jeffrey B. Straubel, our Chief Technical Officer.

(not that I think that means he is leaving now that he isn't mentioned in the last one anymore)

I hope that a lot of the Tesla crew can take some much deserved downtime during the upcoming downtime and refit... those folks have been working their butts off and richly deserve it. Then crank it up to at least 5K a week in June!

I doubt there will be much sleep for them while the line is down. I thinking it's going to be a blitz update and test so that things can start back up all at least the same speed once the production teams return. J.B. may be working on the new line in GF1 while Elon oversees Fremont.

I doubt there will be much sleep for them while the line is down. I thinking it's going to be a blitz update and test so that things can start back up all at least the same speed once the production teams return. J.B. may be working on the new line in GF1 while Elon oversees Fremont.

Oh, Mongo straight... shooter!

Love that movie.

Yes he does. Check 'em.

(not that I think that means he is leaving now that he isn't mentioned in the last one anymore)
Maybe I'm not good at reading, I searched for Straubel in Q3'17 10Q, and 2017 10K, but don't see him signing anything. Ony occurrence of his name is in the risk section that mongo mentioned, and a link to his employement offer letter in 2004. What am I missing?

Maybe I'm not good at reading, I searched for Straubel in Q3'17 10Q, and 2017 10K, but don't see him signing anything. Ony occurrence of his name is in the risk section that mongo mentioned, and a link to his employement offer letter in 2004. What am I missing?

I don't think you are missing anything, other than unfounded extrapolation from one data point.

The deal is not that he signed anything, it's just that his name was not included in the '18 10Q as it was in the '17 10Q as an essential employee. One of the shorts is intimating this indicates he may not be long for the company. It's probably BS but maybe worth getting a confirmation that he's still part of the company and will be for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
His disappearance from the risk factor
That's the place that mongo already mentioned. And Elon also disappeared in that same sentence, so is Elon gone also?

" In particular, we are highly dependent on the services of Elon Musk, our Chief Executive Officer, and Jeffrey B. Straubel, our Chief Technical Officer."

Now the whole sentence is gone.

That's the place that mongo already mentioned. And Elon also disappeared in that same sentence, so is Elon gone also?

" In particular, we are highly dependent on the services of Elon Musk, our Chief Executive Officer, and Jeffrey B. Straubel, our Chief Technical Officer."

Now the whole sentence is gone.

I did also say Elon gets his own section:
We are highly dependent on the services of Elon Musk, our Chief Executive Officer.
We are highly dependent on the services of Elon Musk, our Chief Executive Officer, Chairman of our Board of Directors and largest stockholder. Although Mr. Musk spends significant time with Tesla and is highly active in our management, he does not devote his full time and attention to Tesla. Mr. Musk also currently serves as Chief Executive Officer and Chief Technical Officer of Space Exploration Technologies, a developer and manufacturer of space launch vehicles, and is involved in other emerging technology ventures.

They could have pulled Elon out of the large chunk due to this redundancy, and then it was only J.B. which made Deepak and Franz jelly, so they dropped the sentence entirely. :rolleyes:

I did also say Elon gets his own section:

They could have pulled Elon out of the large chunk due to this redundancy, and then it was only J.B. which made Deepak and Franz jelly, so they dropped the sentence entirely. :rolleyes:
Thx, I missed that. So I guess JB is done, Franz probably too. Who knows if Deepak is still around, just because he signed the 10Q doesn't mean Elon didn't fire him after the Q1 conf call, same with JB and Doug. Oh well, time to sell.

Thx, I missed that. So I guess JB is done, Franz probably too. Who knows if Deepak is still around, just because he signed the 10Q doesn't mean Elon didn't fire him after the Q1 conf call, same with JB and Doug. Oh well, time to sell.
Thank goodness they hired those new Canadian interns. Looks like they will be busy.:rolleyes:

Perhaps they hired all those brilliant financial analysts to run the company instead. Let's go to YouTube.

Status
Not open for further replies.