Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to see bears fabricate absurd rumors and we spend 2 pages talking about it. Sounds like Russian trolls!

My bad. I just hate to see all this crap published by shorts on Seeking Alpha and wanted to see if anyone knew for sure so we could stick it up QTR's beak. I hate to read those things but they're close to the only thing that shows up as "news" on eTrade and other platforms. I do wonder how much of an impact they make... hopefully very little.

Last edited:
Pretty much every battery scientist working on SuperBattery says their tech is five years away.

If they say much longer they lose their funding. It is perpetually five years away.

Well it is slightly different in this case. They are not saying the technology is five years away. They have working version, which is not even a manual lab prototype, but manufactured in small scale and already have been tested by BMW. They need five years to scale up production. Think about it like the Model 3 on March 31st 2016, a working (test drivable) prototype which needs a production line built out and ramped up to mass produce the thing.

ps: So the questions of performance (energy density, charge rate, cycle life) have already been answered by practical testing for the Sila Nano anodes, what remains to be seen is the cost at large scale manufacturing (just like the gross margin for Model 3). Of course, if the cost turns out to be too high that can still make the whole technology dead for BEV use for not being economically competitive with other solutions.

Last edited:
I don't think you are missing anything, other than unfounded extrapolation from one data point.

The annual meeting is on June 5. JB's presence or absence will be telling.

FWIW, his salary has been $249,600 for several years while the proxy showed Deepak's, Jon Mcneil's, Jason Wheeler all at $500,000 and Doug Field at $300,000. All four of the higher salaried executives have resigned/retired/taken a leave of absence. (Deepak came back after about 15 months.)

JB has served tirelessly and continuously since 2004 and was one of a handful of founders. His contributions to the company over nearly a decade and a half are several multiples of what the other four collectively have accomplished.

Within the last year he has become involved with a start-up, Redwood Recycling. While I think the Raven jumped to unlikely deduction, I can see how JB might be a little miffed, and suspect any c-suite headhunter would dearly love to shop his resume.

Well it is slightly different in this case. They are not saying the technology is five years away. They have working version, which is not even a manual lab prototype, but manufactured in small scale and already have been tested by BMW. They need five years to scale up production. Think about it like the Model 3 on March 31st 2016, a working (test drivable) prototype which needs a production line built out and ramped up to mass produce the thing.

If they need five years it is nowhere near "proven" and "tested".

Model 3 on March 31st 2016 did not have any radical tech in the specification, with the possible exception of FSD.

And FSD is still "12-18" months away.

My projection? A year from now FSD will be 12-18 months away and BMW battery will still be 5 years away.

Isn't he already the CTO of the most advanced battery company in the world? Which "C" suite in what company would he move to?

I'm going to give Brian the benefit of the doubt and assume he genuinely thought those guys were in it for the salary and that he actually didn't bother to check their option compensation.

Hint: JB is second only to Elon in shares held among individuals.

I'm going to give Brian the benefit of the doubt and assume he genuinely thought those guys were in it for the salary and that he actually didn't bother to check their option compensation.

Elon must be really miffed that Tesla pays him minimum wage as salary.

Elon must be really miffed that Tesla pays him minimum wage as salary.

Doesn’t Elon make $80k a year? you think someone would be shopping him right now. Plenty of executives take $1/year pay in exchange for stock options. If it were all about the money, Elon/JB wouldn’t be in the car business in the first place.

• Love
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
Totally false, JB was in the Q1 conf call, see the transcript

Tesla (TSLA) Q1 2018 Results - Earnings Call Transcript | Seeking Alpha

and JB also usually doesn't appear in the 10K or 10Q SEC filing. Deepak signs them.

JB was the guy who told Elon the Semi preorders were at 2,000/ week. He’s staying. Shorts are really desperate at this point, trying to throw the kitchen sink with lies. This is the reason they’re so hated, who in the world spread false rumors to make a buck?

The annual meeting is on June 5. JB's presence or absence will be telling.

FWIW, his salary has been $249,600 for several years while the proxy showed Deepak's, Jon Mcneil's, Jason Wheeler all at $500,000 and Doug Field at $300,000. All four of the higher salaried executives have resigned/retired/taken a leave of absence. (Deepak came back after about 15 months.)

JB has served tirelessly and continuously since 2004 and was one of a handful of founders. His contributions to the company over nearly a decade and a half are several multiples of what the other four collectively have accomplished.

Within the last year he has become involved with a start-up, Redwood Recycling. While I think the Raven jumped to unlikely deduction, I can see how JB might be a little miffed, and suspect any c-suite headhunter would dearly love to shop his resume.

Fearmongering much? *yawn*

Status
Not open for further replies.