Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For Tesla to succeed as I think they can, they have to have sales in the largest economies, not just the US.

US,China,UK,Norway,The Netherlands,Canada,Belgium,Switzerland, and South Korea is more than sufficient for Tesla to be a smashing success.

Japan, Germany, India,France, and Italy would also be nice but not necessary.

Less concerned. They're still in the red, even though the SP is now higher than when I originally bought them by almost 10 dollars.

I have LEAP calls too, you should ignore the day to day if you plan to hold them.

Due to the amount of time till expiry and how far out of the money your options are, the Vega is a big factor, and Delta and Theta less so. So changes in volatility matter more than price changes or time ticking by. This will change as the

a) You get closer to ITM
b) You get closer to Expiry

You bought when volatility was higher and the last few weeks it's been in a tight range so the option price has decreased. What was the strike price of your J19 options?

You could say the same thing about the current US government and global warming.

Fair enough. The two main risks I see with the NHTSA review are (1) malicious regulatory action; and (2) a more rigorous review of Tesla's data uncovers previously unknown safety risks. So far the Trump administration has not appeared to target Tesla so the risk of (1) seems low. I personally believe the risk of (2) is even lower.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised to see Tesla take further action to address potential safety concerns, such as more frequent nags.

I'm a bit surprised at the fairly muted response to the OTA adaptations to M3 breaking issue. Maybe I have a short memory, but I think this is the first time we've had front-page issue that was resolved in such a way. Imagine if this was another manufacturer, I'm not even sure they'd have the wherewithal to realise it was a software issue, but would like be changing the physical brakes in a full recall.

It's seriously game-changing.

Yes, after some thought I agree. In U.K. they have the charge "driving without due care and attention", improper use of AP is maybe even worse...
A lot of interesting ideas here. Do we have any data on legal punishment(s) for collisions due to inattention to traditional cruise control function? That used to scare me on my first car with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.