Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, does any of you know or have estimated what is the distribution of trigger points of the buy-to-cover for short sellers at the moment? I think that from $350-$400 it can get really hot for them, but I don't really know exactly at which points the broker/dealers will make the call with a higher probability.

No clue. If/when TSLA closes above 312, I'm then expecting a gradual mass short exodus.

I always thought Tesla owners were smart people, but I think that was a rather naïve opinion... WTF is wrong with these people?

UPDATE 1-Tesla hits parked California police vehicle; driver blames 'Autopilot'

Police in Utah said data from Tesla showed that the driver enabled Autopilot about 1 minute and 22 seconds before the crash. The report said she took her hands off the steering wheel within two seconds of engaging the system and then did not touch the steering wheel for the next 80 seconds, until the crash happened.
perhaps just more money than SENSE ;-)

Reactions: dhrivnak
Indeed, and I'm concerned about the numbers going up when a few hundred thousand Model 3's are on the road if there aern't significant improvements to either keep people more attentive or stop them from crashing. Obviously I'm hoping for both.
Right. We seem to be hearing about nearly weekly crashes these days. I can only imagine how frequently we will be hearing about crashes as more model 3s are unleashed to the public. We may very well see twice as many crashes as we see now within just 9 months.

Reactions: cheshire cat
Right. We seem to be hearing about nearly weekly crashes these days. I can only imagine how frequently we will be hearing about crashes as more model 3s are unleashed to the public. We may very well see twice as many crashes as we see now within just 9 months.
OMG. Weekly crash. Mercedes gm Ford Toyota go many months without crashes? Are you serious? Relatively minor crash no injuries makes national news? Did you see picture of police car that was hit only half on shoulder, improperly parked? What was driver doing during crash? Have we heard yet?

Got a grievance? Social media propagandists are standing by to help you direct your grievance where it belongs, Elon Musk.
Yes, until recently most people did not understand that everything that sucks in life can be traced back to one man, Elon Musk.
But now with advances in cyber social warfare we can harvest everything that pisses you off and target it directly at Elon Musk.
Pissed off yet? You should be because it is all the fault of this guy, Elon Musk. What are you waiting for?
Go to social media of your choice and vent. We'll make sure your emotional excrement hits the mark, Elon Musk.
Everybody's doing it. Why not you? Be a part of the many taking shots at Elon Musk.

Loved this quote from the update:

Until now, that type of remote improvement to a car’s basic functionality had been unheard of. “I’ve been at CR for 19 years and tested more than 1,000 cars,” says Jake Fisher, director of auto testing at Consumer Reports, “and I’ve never seen a car that could improve its track performance with an over-the-air update.”

The shutdown is obviously a necessary part of any manufacturing, but seeing the lot completely void of new cars is pretty sad.

Tao Te Ching - Lao Tzu - chapter 11

Tao Te Ching - Lao Tzu - chapter 11

Thirty spokes share the wheel's hub;
It is the center hole that makes it useful.
Shape clay into a vessel;
It is the space within that makes it useful.
Cut doors and windows for a room;
It is the holes which make it useful.
Therefore profit comes from what is there;
Usefulness from what is not there.

I've bought a bunch of call options throughout this dip, thinking they'll jump quick once we recover. The plan was to wait until maybe 320-330, then convert them to J20s. I have a healthy number of J20s from previous buys. But given the number of times it's bounced off the ceiling of around 310, it's getting increasingly frustrating as time goes on to the point where I'm tempted to convert next time it hits 310.
How are those calls you were concerned about yesterday treating you today, Jay?:)

Loved this quote from the update:

Until now, that type of remote improvement to a car’s basic functionality had been unheard of. “I’ve been at CR for 19 years and tested more than 1,000 cars,” says Jake Fisher, director of auto testing at Consumer Reports, “and I’ve never seen a car that could improve its track performance with an over-the-air update.”

While I love that quote, when you read that entire article from CR it comes off pretty snarky and nitpicking... is that just me or do others get the same impression?

I do applaud Elon's response to CR's article, thanking them for their input. Very professional imho

Reactions: avoigt
No clue. If/when TSLA closes above 312, I'm then expecting a gradual mass short exodus.

$312.34 actually:)
While I love that quote, when you read that entire article from CR it comes off pretty snarky and nitpicking... is that just me or do others get the same impression?

I do applaud Elon's response to CR's article, thanking them for their input. Very professional imho

I think they went overboard trying to appear even-handed.

Reactions: bdy0627
Status
Not open for further replies.