Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
$9B+ worth of stock is borrowed as a short position, when the stock jumps this much they are forced to cover their borrowed shares to close the position. Tons of other folks are taking this as the last cheap chance to buy in. No existing long is looking to sell. That creates a problem.
Not for me it doesn't! :)

hqdefault.jpg

328.76 +9.83 (+3.08%)

• Funny
Reactions: EinSV
Good Article on Reddit. Quite some bolt predictions but worth a read. Gives some nice insight to a surging share price beyond imagination even for bulls like TT007

r/teslamotors - Who killed the car, and when will the share price reach $, ... Wait, what⁉

Okay, this article is one of the reasons I try to avoid numbers. The other is emotional ties/numbers tend to cloud my judgement:confused: Recently I mentioned the need to make available car charging for on-base military families. Bottom line ~ this will be a noticeable tipping point, should you take your eyes off the ball.

Around the 12th of this month my part-time neighbor will plant his family here for the summer while he attends a couple of required command prep courses prior to taking a significant command in Europe. I plan on picking his brain from the AF perspective of what is or is not happening on the force as a whole in the EV world.

I march to a different beat/drum than most military folks even though I am a retired senior army officer. My humor, I call it dry, often rubs people wrong, especially for those that think I should know better. I’ve seen all too often, people hung up on “being too serious,” and thus fail to see their nose despite their face or if you prefer “the trees for the forest.” My self designed call sign of MajorBS49 says it all ~ retired rank, my initials and my philosophy of life. Before you think I failed by retiring as a major, remember I had three years enlisted, and my wife needed a career that helped fulfill her life’s dreams:cool: We joked that I would work the first twenty and she the second twenty:D

Now ~ SGT Joe Jeep, likes muscle cars and trucks. Once he/she gets the taste in the mouth of the speed, quality, and popularity of Tesla, a Leaf or a Porsche; he/she will want one. Unlike my early days, SGT Joe Jeep does not live on food stamps; in fact he could supply one, if not two other families with supporting food supplies today. Therefore, buying an EV is well within reach. The problem is that he cannot charge the car in the carport of on-base housing, coupled with no readily available EV charging stations on post. Compounding the problem is that some nations are shoving alternative fuel down their countryman’s/woman’s gullet; thank goodness some nations are. In relatively short time Joe will not just simply ship his POV (privately owned vehicle) to Europe because they will no longer tolerate fossil fuel and our government will be forced to increase subsidies for fossil fuel POVs through gas stamps (still issued [when I retired] in 1994). That was/is how the government subsidizes GI Joe’s fossil fuel intake. Because gasoline in other countries exceeds the cost of gas in the US. So, instead of the horse leading the cart, the cart will lead the horse into extinction. At some point GI or SGT Joe Jeep will not be able to buy fossil fuel when his/her PCS (permanent change of station) for three or four years in a country that does not support fossil fuels. Joe wants his/her power wagon ~ guess it might as well be an EV. When the Tesla truck is finally mass produced, you can bet given the price of average Joe’s pickup; SGT Joe will buy a Tesla Model T (truck) and demand he have on-post EV charging. Let’s hope military leadership makes the right decisions supporting the wave of EV transition.
I help advertise for Tesla by driving on base (Ft Lewis) once every three to six months, and then floor the X to 90 on the I5 on ramp getting a head start on traffic in the fast lane before relaxing back into 65 mph:rolleyes: Guessing I'll need new tires sooner than most Model X drivers;)
“EV power to the people”
FYI ~ this is a fundamental to be aware of moving forward ~ just sayin’

$9B+ worth of stock is borrowed as a short position, when the stock jumps this much they are forced to cover their borrowed shares to close the position. Tons of other folks are taking this as the last cheap chance to buy in. No existing long is looking to sell. That creates a problem.
read this article for up to date info on shorts "taking it in the shorts" https://s3partners.net/Research/TSLA14.php

• Informative
Reactions: DragonWatch
Status
Not open for further replies.