Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am positive they are PRODUCING as many cars as they possibly can. The 200,000 car limit does not get imposed on Tesla until the car is delivered. I'm confident they're DELIVERING every car they can to Canada, they will deliver as many US cars as they can to get right under the 200K limit, and stockpiling the rest for delivery at the beginning of Q3. That's just the obvious, logical thing to do. Occam's razor.

I’m not positive they’re producing as many cars as they can. I believe every effort is being made to max production for the last 7 days of June. This could involve a lot of tweaking, starting and stopping. Tesla is probably supremely focused on the design and testing of the line, not the current output.

I’m not positive they’re producing as many cars as they can. I believe every effort is being made to max production for the last 7 days of June. This could involve a lot of tweaking, starting and stopping. Tesla is probably supremely focused on the design and testing of the line, not the current output.

Agree--that's kinda what I meant. I guess I mean "Tesla is attempting to maximize production with the primary goal of ensuring >=5,000/wk by end of Q2."

I'd expect hem to prioritize the high margin and harder to assemble AWD and P versions to get their build rates up via training, then switch back to fast production RWD (if AWD isn't) at the end.

From the factory photos, it looks like drive train gets loaded on the autonomous cart, then chassis/frame mated to it. So AWD seems minimal impact, but if the harness/ cooling loop connection is the bottle neck...

I think this is likely too. They will go into burst production mode near the EOQ. I wouldn't expect the rate they achieve during the last week of the quarter to be sustainable through July. I think the sustained rate will be lower as we have seen, and it will slowly increase up to the burst rate from the end of the quarter. I'm hopeful for a steady rate of 4,000/wk in early July, and increasing from there. I think that may be optimistic though.

I think this is likely too. They will go into burst production mode near the EOQ. I wouldn't expect the rate they achieve during the last week of the quarter to be sustainable through July. I think the sustained rate will be lower as we have seen, and it will slowly increase up to the burst rate from the end of the quarter. I'm hopeful for a steady rate of 4,000/wk in early July, and increasing from there. I think that may be optimistic though.
I don’t think you’re too optimistic. We’re leaving hell:)

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor

Running in such a way as to produce 5k in a week is beyond burst mode on the Fremont side (a week run at that rate shows sustainability). The limiting factor will be suppliers and inventory.

I find him to be a broken record.
Not much different (just opposite) from myriad of bears that keep repeating the same stuff.
It's almost like he's trying to will SP into listening to him, or trying to influence it...
LOL i am relentlessly pleading and arguing with the SP but it just won't listen to me.
i agree i am a broken record. luckily, there are discerning investors like you with informed opinions
to enlighten the masses. i come to this board just to read your highly informative posts
and learn at the feet of the master himself. it truly is a learning experience reading your posts

Running in such a way as to produce 5k in a week is beyond burst mode on the Fremont side (a week run at that rate shows sustainability). The limiting factor will be suppliers and inventory.
Elon said:
...Another set of upgrades starting in late May should be enough to unlock production capacity of 6000 Model 3 vehicles per week by the end of June. Please note that all areas of Tesla and our suppliers will be required to demonstrate a Model 3 capacity of ~6000/week by building 850 sets of car parts in 24 hours no later than June 30th.

Progress, Precision and Profit
Elon Musk

Reactions: Lhan and wipster
My read of the current stock chart shows that we keep getting forced down, but the low each time is a bit higher than the previous lows. Along the bottoms you can draw an almost straight line. If it holds, (which it has to because linear extrapolation always works :)) we close at about $360 or above today.
We seem to be following the Nasdaq up this morning. I think you could be right if the Nasdaq continues its climb today. If not, then I think it's more likely we consolidate.

upload_2018-6-13_9-12-6.png

:eek:

Attachments

• AJ.JPG
    AJ.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 53
Status
Not open for further replies.