Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. My point (which is likely just me being pedantic) is that if Fremont can do 5k in a week, it is not a burst rate (internally limited). It's a sustainable rate, assuming parts availability (externally limited).
I may be using the wrong terminology to say burst. It's possible the pattern may change this time, but I think it's more likely the pattern of seeing a higher production rate to end the quarter vs what is seen the first few weeks of the next quarter will likely continue. Since Tesla has been able to increase production at the end of previous quarters for up to a week, I'm not sure why the production drops to start the next quarter. They seem to be able to briefly sustain a higher production rate for a week or two but not continue at that level for much longer. However, this time they may be focusing on doing just that as we go from Q2 into Q3. I think it's optimistic to expect that though.

First of all the last days have been amazing. Following the chard I had better entertainment than anything.

Previously I was certain that if we reached $340-350 (which we did) in just a few days that a short squeeze is certain. Looking now at the data from Ihor its proven that it is just longs investing which is BTW excellent news because longs who invest at that level won't trade and are convinced that we go further up. We need this kind of buy and hold investors as it supports further limitations of stocks and thats a more and more tense situation for shorts not to mention the increase in SP.

So if what we all experienced in the last days is just longs buying I ask myself what the heck is going to happen once the short interest starts declining and they are really squeezed out. Should be epic.

For me that this will happen in days/weeks or months is not avoidable (unless we see a black swan which nobody can rule out) and the likelihood this to happen soon is increasing too.

Trying to understand whats going on in the heads of the shorts - I fail miserably. Not that it was easy for me to understand their "rational or truth" before but now it is completely irrational to me.

Why would you increasingly short a stock that is in a situation where more and more good news are dripping out? We can rule out that they know something we don't.

Assuming I would be a short with private money its just too risky to stay with my investment after having lost as a group $2bn already just in June with more good news to be expected. I don't buy that all of them are just fools or unable to understand Tesla and the financials. Investors with deep pockets are usually not complete fools.....

My speculation is that we have some very large shorts in here who are trying to press the SP down to a level they can escape with lowering the harm and that triggers them go throw a lot of good money after lost money.

People call me very risky & betting being a long term Tesla bull with a large investment but I believe bears and shorts are way more risking these days. Maybe its denial of the unavoidable truth or its deep pocket investments that are fulled by strategic approaches.

Finally its too good to be true that Elon twitters a short squeeze and all of the sudden the SP starts reacting. He is definitely not a liar and if he does state this, he will have a very good reason for it like he knows that very positive news is soon be be announced. Also I wonder about the "flame- thrower timing" in correlation to a squeeze.

Looking at todays action I did expect some small correction to breathe before we go up again like -1 or - 2% . After 3 strong days that is more than justified. Instead we moved out of the red and are green constantly for the day so far and at that with high volume which is another indication of the strength.

I believe the stock wants to see 390 again and that soon. If a real squeeze is happening, the sky is the limit.

upload_2018-6-13_11-8-38.png

I may be using the wrong terminology to say burst. It's possible the pattern may change this time, but I think it's more likely the pattern of seeing a higher production rate to end the quarter vs what is seen the first few weeks of the next quarter will likely continue. Since Tesla has been able to increase production at the end of previous quarters for up to a week, I'm not sure why the production drops to start the next quarter. They seem to be able to briefly sustain a higher production rate for a week or two but not continue at that level for much longer. However, this time they may be focusing on doing just that as we go from Q2 into Q3. I think it's optimistic to expect that though.
I don't remember production rate dropping in April after end of March.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.