Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct. Once the price passes down 5%, it either keeps going, or it recovers like it did. Recovery is extremely bullish, because it basically means that the shorts tried hard but didn't succeed.

Thanks @ggr - still learning after almost 5 1/2 years on this board. You guys never cease to amaze my, and I am grateful for it!

So......none of my shares in the lending program - check. GTC's set all the way up on every share so they can't lend them behind my back - check. And absolutely no trailing stops set - check. What are we waiting for? Squeeze time!

Thanks @ggr - still learning after almost 5 1/2 years on this board. You guys never cease to amaze my, and I am grateful for it!

So......none of my shares in the lending program - check. GTC's set all the way up on every share so they can't lend them behind my back - check. And absolutely no trailing stops set - check. What are we waiting for? Squeeze time!
doing my teeny tiny part. liquidated most all my other stocks over last 3 weeks, bought 136 shares, confirmed with brokerage none are lent out or will be lent out (not much, but whatever)

Especially true if others go down with him.
And hopefully they find out others who are behind it and can get some satisfaction from them as well.

This could evolve into an incredibly tangled web with which truly responsible investigative reporters would have a field day, not to mention lawyers, detectives, prosecutors and federal agencies. Who might have inspired the alleged saboteur and spreader of Tesla lies to the media? Did he or the reporters in turn alert anyone with vested interests that the negative articles would soon be published? Attempts to cover up may already be underway. Detractors have been laughing during the last couple of days about Elon's admitted paranoia, but Andy Grove may well have been right that only the paranoid survive.

Ed Niedermeyer is accusing Curt Renz of inciting TMC members to harass women. Unbelievable.

Problem Magnet on Twitter

Reading that made my heart rate go up substantially. Curt is one of the most consistently level-headed, solid, and fair contributors to TMC that I have ever read. And Ed advertising himself as a 'gentle soul'................

Curt has contributed so much to TMC and Tesla over the years that I wouldn't be surprised if Elon/Tesla wouldn't help Curt crush this guy given their current frustration with FUDsters.

Ed Niedermeyer is accusing Curt Renz of inciting TMC members to harass women. Unbelievable.

Well, Ed Niedermeyer of all people should know that Curt calls out shoddy, scurrilous reporting regardless of the reporter's sex, since Curt has called him and his partner-in-crime Bertel Schmitt out on their FUD for years.

Long-time Tesla super-bear Bertel Schmitt is a cofounder (with fellow outspoken Tesla bear Edward Niedermeyer) of the Daily Kanban which often rants extremely negatively about Tesla Motors. Forbes also allows Schmitt to be a contributor. Early this morning Forbes presented an article by Schmitt about Chinese EV makers proposing that Chinese battery makers cut prices and how this might affect the worth of the Tesla Gigafactory.

Forbes Link: 40% Price Drop On Chinese EV Batteries Spells Trouble For Tesla

The article re-quotes a Morgan Stanley analyst who was quoted in Barron’s last evening:

According to Gaogong Industry Institute, some EV makers in China have proposed that battery vendors cut prices by 35-40% in 2017. Our China analyst Jack Lu sees this proposal as likely to proceed, as some battery vendors in China could still make a decent profit after such a cut.

Barron's Link: Sell Samsung SDI: China To Slash EV Battery Prices, Warns Morgan Stanley

In the meantime another Morgan Stanley analyst today upgraded Tesla Motors to Outperform with a $305 price target.

Does anyone really believe that the viability of the Tesla Gigafactory could be imperiled by the Chinese as Schmitt suggests?

Perpetual Tesla bear Bertel Schmitt who with similar thinking Ed Niedermeyer publishes the DailyKanban has written another Tesla hit piece for Forbes. By now Forbes readers must be considering the possibility they've been misled. o_O

Tesla's Big China Chances Indefinitely On Hold

If the horde of Tesla bears continues its recent concerted effort to trash talk Tesla, those luck bringing rally trolls may keep the share price climbing indefinitely. :)

This anti-Tesla FUD piece was published as opinion yesterday by Bloomberg, and was recirculated by the Chicago Tribune. Today the Tribune reprinted it among its featured opinion articles.

Bloomberg: Elon Musk Is the Henry Ford of His Age. That's Bad.

Tribune: Elon Musk is today's Henry Ford, and that's not a good thing

The author is the notorious Edward Niedermeyer, co-founder of the Daily Kanban, who along with his partner Bertel Schmitt, has relentlessly published FUD about Tesla and Musk for years.

Last edited:

#WhiteKnightermeyer may find that shining light on the works of the journamalists isn’t helping them after all. More Light Please

• One Koch Bro has already been seen scurrying away. We were wondering why.
  • Subpoena Mont*n* Sk*ptic, collect the set! Win Valumable Prizes!
  • mountain.

Last edited:
This could evolve into an incredibly tangled web with which truly responsible investigative reporters would have a field day, not to mention lawyers, detectives, prosecutors and federal agencies. Who might have inspired the alleged saboteur and spreader of Tesla lies to the media? Did he or the reporters in turn alert anyone with vested interests that the negative articles would soon be published? Attempts to cover up may already be underway. Detractors have been laughing during the last couple of days about Elon's admitted paranoia, but Andy Grove may well have been right that only the paranoid survive.

And how many may have gained financially from this due to SP swings brought-on by sensationalist reporting from fake sources? And who will have lost too. Much potential criminal activity...

Starting at about May 3, it looks to me like there were 41.5M shares short at market price $280ish. That's $11.6B. The last day shown, that appears to be yesterday, it was about 36.8M shares short at $350, $12.9B. So, to paraphrase, "It isn't really money until you cover", it seems to me that the shorts (some of them right here!) have contributed to my part of $1,300,000,000.00 (approximately) in the last 14 days, by covering. (41.5-36.8)/41.5= just over 11%. 89% of shorts are still there to be further fleeced.

Below is a link to one of my earliest TMC posts on 2013 MAR 12, which was shortly after I first purchased TSLA shares. At that time some surrounding posters reported selling the stock in the high $30's with hopes of buying back after a significant dip. Many of them were never heard from again.

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

Final paragraph from that post:

Perhaps longer term investors need not be too concerned. When a large number of traders feel it’s time to take profits in anticipation of repurchases at lower prices, yet are unable to depress prices much by their selling, those traders may eventually have to chase a stock that is running away on them.

Thanks for some enlightenment. :) There were times that I'll admit, I've sold some TSLA shares and ended up chasing the rising TSLA shares but only got burned soon thereafter when it finally took the dip. I'm happy to profit from my selling, but if I had to buy back higher, so be it. But here's hoping I can re-enter lower than where I sold it from.

• Informative
Reactions: Curt Renz
Status
Not open for further replies.