Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to CNBC this is the 4th time TSLA has ever dropped more then 7%. While I don't feel like putting in the effort to verify this at the moment. If true, CONGRATS EVERYONE! You've just experienced something monumental. Isn't the market wonderful? /sigh lol ok I'm in a surly mood.

Thank god the market is closed. Have a great evening everyone. I'm going to grab a nice bottle to try and take the edge off. If that doesnt work, I'll try hitting myself in the head with it.

See you tomorrow. :cool:

When it's clear that the M3 ramp is progressing, the stock will take off. Until then......imagine how this company looks to an algorithm gauging financials. Horrendous.

Buy home run options now or try to wait for this to plateau a while or even dip more? It sounds like we should know how the ramps going within a week or two. That does not bode well if some insiders got the scoop a week early and the stocks doing this.

When it's clear that the M3 ramp is progressing, the stock will take off. Until then......imagine how this company looks to an algorithm gauging financials. Horrendous.

Buy home run options now or try to wait for this to plateau a while or even dip more? It sounds like we should know how the ramps going within a week or two. That does not bode well if some insiders got the scoop a week early and the stocks doing this.

I'm not expecting very good news for Q1 earnings either.

This stock has already been eviscerated. The drop is primarily macro-driven at this point. If we don't get a bounce prior to the deliveries, it's pretty likely to rise on the news, whatever it may be. If we do get a bounce before, then I think it's a wild guess what we will do with the actual news.

Yeah, that's when I bought a whole bunch! Remember the angry Asian-American dentist who was peeved about people overblowing the circumstances around his Model S car fire?
I bought some shares at $170 on the way down, kicked myself for not timing it at $150, and quickly forgot about it as PPS recovered going into M3 unveil 3/31/2016. It felt similar, to right now because there was uncertainty with MX ramp, but no other particularly bad news.

Even more interesting: $7 below the closing price on September 4, 2014. More than 3.5 years ago.

~ $280 is quite a meaningful price to me in TSLA's history, which is why I'm probably annoyingly infatuated by it in my predictions. Short to medium term possible bottoms to me now are:

~ $280 (if you believe this, you should be buying now)
~ $245
~ $200 (I really really doubt it, but chart-wise its in the cards)

As always, you should never believe a word I say, though.

~ $280 is quite a meaningful price to me in TSLA's history, which is why I'm probably annoyingly infatuated by it in my predictions. Short to medium term possible bottoms to me now are:

~ $280 (if you believe this, you should be buying now)
~ $245
~ $200 (I really really doubt it, but chart-wise its in the cards)

As always, you should never believe a word I say, though.

Oh how I hate hearing my thoughts come from another trader. It just seems insane to me that we are where we are. But, here it is. I'm sitting at 278 and only buying in small numbers. Any spreadsheet wizards have good news for us on the M3 modeling front?

Reactions: Jonathan Hewitt
For those who were heavily invested in early 2016 with the drop to the $140s, does this dip feel similar?

IMO This one is not as bad yet, but that might be because experiencing the Feb 2016 dip made me a lot more cautious about converting shares to options on the way down. The charts show a low in the $150s on 2/8/16 but I remember it hitting $139 intra-day so at that point it had dropped 50% from its ATH 18 months prior. So I don't think we're at that point unless, heaven forbid, we get down to $190 or so.

That being said, this feels like capitulation on high volume to me and I started to pick up a few more LEAPs today.

Status
Not open for further replies.