Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20180508_094021.jpg

In a previous post I said Elon bought shares in 2016 around $120. My memory was wrong. I don't want to mislead anyone. I did some search, in late January of 2016, he exercised option to buy 523,000 shares. The stock price was around $190. Then in early Feb the stock went as low as $140. At the time the whole market was tanking. Then it rallied.

Wow. Now those numbers (max pain and volume) make a lot more sense. I wasn't aware that site is build in such a strange way. I'd have assumed they use last days data when no live data is available. Thanks for pointing that out.
I use this site since quite some time and I don't remember such strange output back then.
Nowadays some maturities don't even exist, and others output pure garbage, even inside trading hours.
Just look at TSLA's next week's maturity.....says max pain @440 based on absolutely no volume.
My take is this: The site collects the data from some other website. This other website did probably change some thing, and maximum-pain.com didn't update their parser....
Take away: Always make sure the results of that website are sound. Always do some plausibility checks.

I use this site since quite some time and I don't remember such strange output back then.
Nowadays some maturities don't even exist, and others output pure garbage, even inside trading hours.
Just look at TSLA's next week's maturity.....says max pain @440 based on absolutely no volume.
My take is this: The site collects the data from some other website. This other website did probably change some thing, and maximum-pain.com didn't update their parser....
Take away: Always make sure the results of that website are sound. Always do some plausibility checks.
Anyone else buying 435 call options for next week? It’s like we have a time machine!

:).

Will be interesting to see the short volume for today. It seems like they started a vicious attack around 11:30 a.m. (as volume dried up and macros were turning a bit negative), and they are now capping any gain and have successfully driven the price below $300.

• Helpful
Reactions: EinSV
Will be interesting to see the short volume for today. It seems like they started a vicious attack around 11:30 a.m. (as volume dried up and macros were turning a bit negative), and they are now capping any gain and have successfully driven the price below $300.
TSLA is only down a bit more than the Nasdaq, so nothing unusual with a high beta stock. Not to say the shorts aren't trying to work it down, but just that it's pretty much following the market in exaggerated fashion.

TSLA is only down a bit more than the Nasdaq, so nothing unusual with a high beta stock. Not to say the shorts aren't trying to work it down, but just that it's pretty much following the market in exaggerated fashion.
We were ahead of the market for most of the day. I was focused more on the chart and what seems to me like an obvious short attack. There was some very strong selling that brought the stock down rather quickly and some capping of any attempted advance once the decline began. But, in the long run it really does not matter - just interesting to watch the shorts’ desperation to hammer this stock.

Attachments

• 74830849-423A-4F34-9725-B21206BBFEEC.jpeg
    74830849-423A-4F34-9725-B21206BBFEEC.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 40
For whatever its worth: VIN 25780, 29297 and 290xx issued in Canada today; seen on Model 3 Facebook page.

Was at a model 3 owners meeting at mountain view today, one of the vins was in the 16,5xx, everybody super excited about their car, best thing ever etc. I know, had a blast just driving to the meeting and back for 45 minutes, totally worth it :)
Ah, I'm finally back into the green. That feels better. For a while, I actually contemplated getting out. But I've stuck to this for quite a while and things have quieted down, so I'll stick with it and see where we go.

Getting out just before the epic short squeeze? I hope you mean a short-position :) Even if there is no epic short squeeze short term, long term its obvious that Model 3 is going to be pure gold for tesla. I took delivery of mine in january and still beg for an occasion to drive all the time, it is out of this world.

We were ahead of the market for most of the day. I was focused more on the chart and what seems to me like an obvious short attack. There was some very strong selling that brought the stock down rather quickly and some capping of any attempted advance once the decline began. But, in the long run it really does not matter - just interesting to watch the shorts’ desperation to hammer this stock.

With the current positive sentiment, I'd say that every short attack is an opportunity to jump in for many longs. That, of course, could change with a strong burst of FUD.

With the current positive sentiment, I'd say that every short attack is an opportunity to jump in for many longs. That, of course, could change with a strong burst of FUD.

And I have the feeling, not based on hard data, that as months pass by and more people get to know Tesla, the proportion of long term investors is growing.

Not TSLA-specific, but, CNBC just bit their lip and reported:

"Americans apparently are getting more enthusiastic about buying electric cars. According to AAA, 20% say their next vehicle purchase will be an electric car, up 15% from last year. The study finds buyers aren't quite as concerned about running out of a battery charge as they used to be."

Seeing more and more Battery shortage issues from other Major Auto Makers beside Tesla ,

here my tweet with link from Insideevs.com : vincent on Twitter

"VW planned to secure battery cell supplies of up to 150 GWh annually by 2025 for some €50 billion ($60 billion)" --- This made Tesla truly undervalue

here my tweet with link from Insideevs.com :vincent on Twitter

Electrek just released the S and X will now be configured

"Americans apparently are getting more enthusiastic about buying electric cars. According to AAA, 20% say their next vehicle purchase will be an electric car, up 15% from last year. The study finds buyers aren't quite as concerned about running out of a battery charge as they used to be."
Did they mention that the model X was AAA green car of the year?

Reactions: gene

That's a nice trend and matches up well with Gene Munster's Model 3-specific survey in which 17% of respondents said they would buy a Model 3 and 22% said maybe they would.

More People Interested in Buying a Model 3 Than You Think | Loup Ventures

Also, here's a link to the AAA Press Release with more details on their survey: AAA: 1-in-5 U.S. Drivers Want an Electric Vehicle | AAA NewsRoom

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.