Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More from Musk:

“Given that Tesla has never made an annual profit in the almost 15 years since we have existed, profit is obviously not what motivates us,” Musk wrote. “What drives us is our mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable, clean energy, but we will never achieve that mission unless we eventually demonstrate that we can be sustainably profitable. That is a valid and fair criticism of Tesla’s history to date.
CNBC's comments, as I'm typing, are pointing out the positive aspects of this.

Elon tweets the letter he sent to employees about the layoffs.

Elon.png

Last edited:
This is a result of the long-announced re-structuring. It's removing dead-wood, this should be a catalyst for the SP...
Layoffs = good since this is them getting rid of deadwood so that they can be profitable in the next two qtrs.

Indeed, Elon is separating the wheat from the chaff. We had already been forewarned of this. The plan appears to be to maintain full production capabilities by not eliminating factory workers, while cutting white collar costs. Those salaried workers who were carrying most of the load will be retained, while those in unnecessary positions or outright slackers will be gone. This allows for a continued speedy ramp in production, while letting Wall Street and other investors know that profits will be more of a focus than they had been.

It's actually good news for investors, but as might be expected we get knee-jerk reactions from algobots and others who just read headlines without fully ascertaining the underlying implications. Of course there are short sellers who see only the dark side of any Tesla news. These quick reactors may have presented us with a second wind of opportunity. Let's not be surprised if this news soon results in analyst upgrades.

Last edited:
Need to see if the low from this morning holds, at $338.

Seems as if it's holding. I'm debating to pull the trigger...may wait until tomorrow. I don't think this is bad news at all...I have a buddy who's brother was a robotics programmer at Fremont who just got fired b/c he was a contractor and didn't want to convert into an employee. I think Elon is doing the right thing here and getting rid of his bad performing employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.