Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Model S (belonging to a friend of Chelsea Handler) appears to have spontaneously caught on fire while cruising Santa Monica Blvd.

Chelsea Handler on Twitter

Appears as though the batteries were punctured. Her tweet appears to be antagonistic (“hey Elon how many of these are on the road”). Nevertheless, Tesla needs to investigate and ensure these things don’t happen again.

Appears as though the batteries were punctured. Her tweet appears to be antagonistic (“hey Elon how many of these are on the road”). Nevertheless, Tesla needs to investigate and ensure these things don’t happen again.
Agree. Perhaps it was an early S that never retrofitted with the titanium plate? Even then, that was only needed for freak occurrences at high speeds...will be interesting to see what happened.

Reactions: neroden
When scared, anger is one of the easy defaults for most people... It's not right, but it is to be expected.
This too shall pass.
People will get bored with Teslas catching fires (probably have already?) and AP accidents, and it will stop being news. Every accident that gets publicized increases threshold of people's interest. When clicks go away, coverage will too.

When scared, anger is one of the easy defaults for most people... It's not right, but it is to be expected.
This too shall pass.
People will get bored with Teslas catching fires (probably have already?) and AP accidents, and it will stop being news. Every accident that gets publicized increases threshold of people's interest. When clicks go away, coverage will too.

You make a good point on anger/being scared... I’ve watched Chelsea a couple times and her style isn’t quite my taste. It’s how do you say this correctly—ghetto?

I think eventually the curiosity will go away. For now, Tesla just needs to follow up on this one ASAP as shorts are going to utilize it to their advantage as a means to stop momentum. Every negative story is magnified and knowing Chelsea, she’s going to milk it in order to make herself relevant again. I just hope when she calms down she’ll come to understand freak incidents sometimes are unavoidable.

And the car is venting exactly as designed such that occupants can get out without issue.

Good point, Tesla needs to communicate this, the fire doesn’t shoot upwards but rather sideways giving passengers time to exit the vehicle.

Reactions: avoigt
Word on the street corner (just outside of Tesla store) is 5000/week is now in the recent past and Musk is sleeping at factory again to get that number higher before EOQ. So, I expect the Q2 news to focus on the last couple weeks of quarter with much higher run-rate and much lower burn-rate. Less emphasis on overall Q2 numbers. It's that standing on exponential curve looking backward vs looking forward analogy.

Word on the street corner (just outside of Tesla store) is 5000/week is now in the recent past and Musk is sleeping at factory again to get that number higher before EOQ. So, I expect the Q2 news to focus on the last couple weeks of quarter with much higher run-rate and much lower burn-rate. Less emphasis on overall Q2 numbers. It's that standing on exponential curve looking backward vs looking forward analogy.

May I ask what street you’re on? Jk is your source reliable?

Reactions: neroden
Quick off topic: last 2 hours headed north on california hwy 5, at Kettleman city Supercharger for the moment. In those last 2 hours I counted 19 transport trucks full of Tesla’s headed south. Mostly X and S.

Funny, we were driving the same route at same time today, and even I was thinking about mentioning it on here because there were so many. Not sure if that’s normal or what but I counted 16 S/X trucks and 1 Model 3 truck. It helped remind me (besides my 90 mph flawless AP 2.0 spaceship ride) of why I invest in this stock. I can’t wait for the day when the Tesla Semis are pulling these car carriers!

Oh, and that Kettleman SC is AWESOME!! Best one I’ve experienced yet by far.

Ok, sorry for OT mods, but hey, it’s the weekend and we’re all happy $TSLA longs here celebrating this amazing week!

... "Where is TSLA going from here? It is anyone’s guess. The one thing that is for sure: TSLA will be volatile."...
The Anatomy of a Short Squeeze – Tesla (TSLA)

I love this quote from the above link -

“To be honest, I am a huge fan of Elon Musk. He has put a dent in the universe, and he is not even done. He’s a modern-day Benjamin Franklin and will be honored in the pantheon of those who have made the world a better place.“

since we're a little off topic (and who the hell is Chelsea whatever -anyway ?? ) and here's bit of news from Blighty-----H.R.H. prince Charles (Harry's dad) is getting a demo of a Model S from the (top salesman? ) the other Mr Musk, we may yet see the royal seal and " by appointment to " on the Tesla headed note paper--does anyone still use note paper ? On a similar vein the recognition of Tesla over here by a particular group is quite astounding --approx 12 years old and younger --the sight of a Tesla sends them into various states of rapture , they seem far more aware than the rest of the general public, bodes well for sales in future years as it is now frowned upon to post video, I won't but wish you could see my last encounter yesterday of a 6-7 year old who almost fell off his scooter

I would imagine people know where Elon is on a semi day-to-day basis except on weekends so if he's really sleeping in the factory again, there's a couple thousand Fremont employees who would know and could actually confirm it.
Elon did tweet yesterday that he was heading back to the factory. He did not say it was to sleep there, but I think that's where he lives when he is in town.

Edit: @Todd Burch beat me to it, but my post was funnier.

is that the same source that called 4k a week 2-3 month ago?

Reactions: Skryll
Status
Not open for further replies.