Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shorts are back with their typical Mickey Mouse logic.

“I have an 2 minute video showing the line stationary for those 2 minutes. Therefore the line is a sham.”

The education systems of the world have clearly failed some people.
I think the only people they are convincing is other shorts, so this is really only to their own detriment at this point. Although, it certainly makes a heck of alot more sense to short it after the run we just had then where we were a few weeks ago, especially if macros stay bad. Let them ignore Elon and keep piling on. They've already paid for an S, X, and upcoming 3 for our household. If they insist on funding a solar roof for us as well, by all means.

It seems like every Tesla board member except Jurvetson is buying

SEC Filings | Tesla, Inc.
Those are just the free giveaways of stock for being a board member. (Something which, incidentally, I disapprove of, but it's completely standard in crony-corporate America.)

Lots of people put trailing stop-loss orders at -5%, just over $350 at the moment. Bad move. I will never use those (ever again).
Stop loss orders were invented by brokers for the purpose of cleaning out rubes. The brokers were cleaning out rubes who used stop-loss orders in the *19th century*, and there were articles about it *in the 19th century*. Never use them.

Sorry about making a political statement here, but these tariff tantrums make no economic or even political sense.
Pretty much every businessperson in the entire country agrees with you. I somehow think the money stream from multinational coporations and rich CEOs to the Republican Party has just ended, at least until Trump is out.

Sorry about yesterday, folks. I realised it’s all my fault as I cancelled my high sell-limit order, allowing my shares to be sold short.

This morning I’ve setup new multiple sell-limits to trigger at varying price points ready for the big squeeze - best to get some benefit from it than one big gamble on timing the top.

So now my shares are recalled and we go back up again :D

You’re welcome.

Sorry about yesterday, folks. I realised it’s all my fault as I cancelled my high sell-limit order, allowing my shares to be sold short.

This morning I’ve setup new multiple sell-limits to trigger at varying price points ready for the big squeeze - best to get some benefit from it than one big gamble on timing the top.

You’re welcome.

Everyone should do this. Cycle the sell limit on and off so that the shares are lent out and recalled over and over..haha.

You’re welcome.
Just curious: what are these sell-limits? (In other words, what are your specific expectations of an eventual short squeeze?)

Just curious: what are these sell-limits? (In other words, what are your specific expectations of an eventual short squeeze?)

Well I couldn’t possibly give them away! But starting 600-something up to 1500. Previously I had 2349 set for all.

I don’t want to sell, but if there is a squeeze then it would come back down to the mid 400’s, then I would buy back in with whatever got triggered. I’d kick myself if I didn’t take advantage.

I have no expectations, I’m just trying to cover the possibility of something happening before I have time to react. I prefer no squeeze - a nice gradual 1-3% daily rise for the next 10 years suits my needs better...

Edit: I'm in Europe, I'm 100% sure my shares can't be shorted, but don't let that stop the rest of you from blocking it at the right moment... Also my broker, KeyTrade, doesn't limit the value of sell orders, so I can set high limit-orders without restriction.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.