Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are aware that every manufacturer of automobiles stores is inventory after manufacture in order to consolodate shipping right? Like you’re just posting pictures of what every car manufacturer does.

The vin registrations, dual to single, tell the story.
Ben;
We're going to change your last name to Dover. Did you not see his emoji or the attachment?

One of my favorite pieces on CleanTechnica. Thanks to @Papafox for the superb analysis and writing!

Zach - I noticed you fixed the article credit. You are a journalist with integrity. That is incredibly refreshing to see amidst all the shameless FUD we have been buried in. Thanks for what you do, and please keep up the great work!

Here is an interesting data point on our dip from $387. We dropped 25.6% to an intraday low of $288 on 8/20. Looking back to 2012, the lowest previous climb after a dip of such a magnitude was 15.8%. The 2nd lowest was 18.2%. After this recent dip, we only climbed 13.5% to a high of $327. If today's dip doesn't turn into anything more significant then our climb will continue and likely surpass 13.5% before we take a new substantial dip (of 10%+) at some point in the future. Today is so far proving to be rather encouraging. I'm very curious about the share price this week.

Zach - I noticed you fixed the article credit. You are a journalist with integrity. That is incredibly refreshing to see amidst all the shameless FUD we have been buried in. Thanks for what you do, and please keep up the great work!

OMG, I uploaded the article around 2:00am and when I noticed in the morning that I forgot to change the publishing author from me to "Guest," my face probably turned white. :p Had his name at the top as the author from the beginning, but that apparently was not 100% clear since people saw my name on the article first. Anyhow ... thank you and major apology to Papafox for the initial odd slip.

Did someone say working till 2:00–3:00am 7 days a week isn't a good idea? Feel like there have been stories about this recently. ;)

Here is an interesting data point on our dip from $387. We dropped 25.6% to an intraday low of $288 on 8/20. Looking back to 2012, the lowest previous climb after a dip of such a magnitude was 15.8%. The 2nd lowest was 18.2%. After this recent dip, we only climbed 13.5% to a high of $327. If today's dip doesn't turn into anything more significant then our climb will continue and likely surpass 13.5% before we take a new substantial dip (of 10%+) at some point in the future. Today is so far proving to be rather encouraging. I'm very curious about the share price this week.
Was that 288$ actually during the market day or was it in the pre market??

• Funny
Reactions: Lessmog
a dumb question.
i went to page
UBS Group AG reports 34.06% decrease in ownership of TSLA / Tesla Motors, Inc. - 13F, 13D, 13G Filings - Fintel.io
IF (an I'm a complete newbie at options)
It looks like UBS
owns 1,804,673 shares
calls of 3,678,920
puts of 12,051,100

it looks like an imbalance of 6,567,507 shares of puts VS calls and shares owned unless i'm reading this incorrectly.
Now, thats not the "joking" 15,000,000 mentioned a few days ago, but not very insignificant.

If there are options folks (actually any options folks since i know zip) please help enlighten me.....
I'm not an options person, but yes, you're reading it correctly. UBS is taking a massively bearish position on Tesla. We can't tell what strike prices or expirations those puts are at (if they're buying, say, $500 strike puts expiring next week, that would be profitable), but the most likely explanation is that they are really bearish.

I think this is fundamentally wrong: while the Chinese Gigafactory is in Shanghai, it's not in the Shanghai Free-Trade Zone (which is subject to tariffs), but on mainland China. Tesla will be a 100% foreign owned but domestic carmaker in China.
I'm not sure that this is correct. Have you double checked? Reports previously were saying the FTZ.

Even if it's in the Shanghai Free Trade Zone, it isn't subject to the *retaliatory tarriffs against US manufactured goods*. If I was following things correctly, China lowered their *general* tarriff on electric cars to 15%, but then added a 25% tarriff against *US* electric cars, for a total of 40%. But cars manufactured in the FTZ would be subject to the *15%* tarriff.

Whew. I THINK I got that right.

So not only will tariffs be 0%, but Tesla cars will also likely be able to get the EV incentives of domestic Chinese EV carmakers, which are very generous: above $7,300 per car:
Nope. Have to use a specific (and inferior) Chinese battery chemistry to get the EV incentives, apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.