Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B75523A6-8EC5-4B33-889D-BC1795062E1B.jpeg

And..

Before anyone sez it, I know, I know, I know....:D

Back to the market!

Fire Away!

alfred_e_neuman.jpg

I view all of this noise (FUD, Twitter battles, etc.) as extending the buying opportunities for the retail investors who have recently come on board. I myself am tapped out in terms of cash (with 1 M3D arrived and a P3D on the way). The long-term prospects for the share price are steadily building while everyone else is distracted. Against all the long odds he is given by others, Elon Musk will succeed.

Last edited:
Elon has figured out that, no matter what he does or says, the news cycle is against him right now. It's not like there is something he can say or do that will magically convert all the shorts and naysayers or get CNBC, et al to suddenly flip their (very lucrative) narrative in his favor.

I think he is doing the right thing--stop worrying, enjoy twitter and blow off a bit of steam and stop trying to appease the unappeasable. I don't see the broader narrative shifting until the Q3 or Q4 ER when there is the empirical data (Model 3 ramp, FCF, etc) to counter the FUD and BS.

But is it wise to start arguing with some random troll? Especially about a subject that has backfired before?
I think when it comes to honor, Elon responds. I think there is always a more tactful way to take on a problem, always. However, at the end of the day, you can’t fret over a perfect response if you have conviction about something ultimately you ethically feel strongly about.

It appears Elon possibly feels a child sex crime offender is being celebrated by those financially motivated media and sponsors attacking Elon ... of which Elon who only wanted to help save children in a cave with available tech spacex was actually working on. It is a strong ethical dilemma on multiple levels for Elon to just walk away with cuts to the very mission of all his companies as well as his personal ethic as father of 5 children.

His own school he finances and maintains, Ad Astra, teaches ethical dilemmas and how to tackle them.

Elon may also feel a sense of strategic level hypocracy to not addressing this fairly global ethical dilemma of which he was caught in when media gave a tremendous spotlight to disparaging comments made about Elon and company efforts by what he may believe to be a potential active sexual predator of children.

Furthermore, how would be apply his ethical standards to how he runs his business if he doesn’t demonstrate his consistency of calling this twitter “truth seeker” out?

In fact, calling out this hypocrisy may also relate to setting the tone for his corporate culture as employees will understand what is tolerated and what is not. I think him sleeping in he office is another example. He clearly said if his employees are suffering, he shouldn’t be excluded and he demonstrated that. That’s called ethical modeling. It’s leading the charge from the front. Leaders understand the morale effects of this. Managers might have a harder time.

As I’ve said before, I think Elon knows his audience. Of probably the thousands of tweet responses he gets, he does consciously choose which ones to respond to and he does understand the impact on his intended audience.

I think he is doing the right thing--stop worrying, enjoy twitter and blow off a bit of steam and stop trying to appease the unappeasable. I don't see the broader narrative shifting until the Q3 or Q4 ER when there is the empirical data (Model 3 ramp, FCF, etc) to counter the FUD and BS.

Oh, right. I first thought that getting some sleep, exercise and free time with friends would be better than arguing useless negative crap on Twitter. Silly me.

I think when it comes to honor, Elon responds. I think there is always a more tactful way to take on a problem, always. However, at the end of the day, you can’t fret over a perfect response if you have conviction about something ultimately you ethically feel strongly about.

It appears Elon possibly feels a child sex crime offender is being celebrated by those financially motivated media and sponsors attacking Elon ... of which Elon who only wanted to help save children in a cave with available tech spacex was actually working on. It is a strong ethical dilemma on multiple levels for Elon to just walk away with cuts to the very mission of all his companies as well as his personal ethic as father of 5 children.

His own school he finances and maintains, Ad Astra, teaches ethical dilemmas and how to tackle them.

Elon may also feel a sense of strategic level hypocracy to not addressing this fairly global ethical dilemma of which he was caught in when media gave a tremendous spotlight to disparaging comments made about Elon and company efforts by what he may believe to be a potential active sexual predator of children.

Furthermore, how would be apply his ethical standards to how he runs his business if he doesn’t demonstrate his consistency of calling this twitter “truth seeker” out?

In fact, calling out this hypocrisy may also relate to setting the tone for his corporate culture as employees will understand what is tolerated and what is not. I think him sleeping in he office is another example. He clearly said if his employees are suffering, he shouldn’t be excluded and he demonstrated that. That’s called ethical modeling. It’s leading the charge from the front. Leaders understand the morale effects of this. Managers might have a harder time.

As I’ve said before, I think Elon knows his audience. Of probably the thousands of tweet responses he gets, he does consciously choose which ones to respond to and he does understand the impact on his intended audience.

i hear you. and maybe he’s right. and maybe in the grand scheme it’s the right thing to do. maybe it’s bigger than all of us.

but at what point is he going to start caring about his stakeholders suffering? because their faith is wearing thin. disagree all you want.

investors of all shapes and sizes see this as a problem. they have been stating so publicly. their patience is waning. tesla isn’t the only growth story in town. they don’t need tesla in order to make money investing. they will walk away.

hes been knee-jerk for the last 6 months time and again...

or what’s the excuse? has he been slowly poisoned (maybe the russians planted one of his girlfriends)?
has be been kidnapped, cloned, and the clone is the one doing this?

it’s like he’s trying to damage himself!
it doesn’t even matter if he’s right, regardless.

tesla has a litany of issues right now. what’s more important elon? your companies, and stakeholders you supposedly care so much about? or bullshit trolls on twitter meant to harm you and bait you into battle and public ruin?

his knee jerk reactions over the last 6 months are not mission-driven, for any of his companies. how can we sit here and pretend that nothing is wrong? wtf is going on and why is this happening?

clearly it’s market action bc we fell off a cliff since twtr battle

God dammit Elon get your ass off twitter. Someone grab his phone.
Elon Musk on Twitter

A while back I was joking in a thread over on M3OC about "Top signs you're a TSLA investor", that one entry should be "Though you love the vast majority of what he's been doing and working towards, once a month he does something that just makes you exclaim 'Dammit, Elon!' " ;)

BTW, I'm normally a big detractor of the theories that "(X event) that Elon / Tesla did was done to deliberately (lower the stock price / bait short sellers) in order to (longer-term strategy". Normally that's way overthinking things. And it probably still is even in this case. But it makes me wonder.

I mean, if this morning you had been tasked to think of something easy Elon could do to bait shorts and / or hurt Tesla's stock price, what would your suggestion have been? "Hey, start tweeting about pedo guy again!", right? ;)

i hear you. and maybe he’s right. and maybe in the grand scheme it’s the right thing to do. maybe it’s bigger than all of us.

but at what point is he going to start caring about his stakeholders suffering? because their faith is wearing thin. disagree all you want.

investors of all shapes and sizes see this as a problem. they have been stating so publicly. their patience is waning. tesla isn’t the only growth story in town. they don’t need tesla in order to make money investing. they will walk away.

hes been knee-jerk for the last 6 months time and again...

or what’s the excuse? has he been slowly poisoned (maybe the russians planted one of his girlfriends)?
has be been kidnapped, cloned, and the clone is the one doing this?

it’s like he’s trying to damage himself!
it doesn’t even matter if he’s right, regardless.

tesla has a litany of issues right now. what’s more important elon? your companies, and stakeholders you supposedly care so much about? or bullshit trolls on twitter meant to harm you and bait you into battle and public ruin?

his knee jerk reactions over the last 6 months are not mission-driven, for any of his companies. how can we sit here and pretend that nothing is wrong? wtf is going on and why is this happening?

clearly it’s market action bc we fell off a cliff since twtr battle
I hear you. I think once once q3 numbers come out, we can reassess the twitter thing.

Also, I think we also need to question whether the obviously hyper critical media attention will affect future demand, of which is actually the strategic mission of Tesla’s competitors/shorts.

If this media onslaught does not affect future demand (which we may get a flavor of at q3 conf call), then Elon’s tweets may have been irrelevant or actually helpful since awareness of tesla to a broader audience.

Again, if the Tesla products speak for themselves, then the tweet strategy may be to just get people aware and to check them out for themselves. The advertising budget is basically Elon and customers who approve of the products.

Elon needs to stop tweeting.... at least to the trolls. It' s a no win.

Yes, someone close to Elon Musk needs to explain to him that the latest strategy of the much hated shorts is to troll him on Twitter thus diverting valuable mental energy away from his companies.

Ignoring, i.e. not feeding the trolls on your Twitter account is actually the best show of force.

Status
Not open for further replies.