Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sold most of my shares today. For many different reasons. Tesla is an awesome company with awesome products. I think it will eventually be successful but many hurdles to still overcome. Management has s spotty record and I have been giving them a benefit of the doubt but I think at this point in my life no reason to take excessive risk. Elon is a visionary.but is unreliable and unpredictable. I doubt that will change. Recent tweet was ridiculous. Thanks for all your advice over the years and best of luck. Peace out.

I can understand the explanation, but I'm confused why you'd do so on such a down day and during such a down week. You think it's not turning around anytime soon? Just emotions/exhaustion?

I'm no superstar at buying low and selling high, but just seems like an odd time, especially with profits around the quarter (unless you don't buy that argument).

Do you know what the expiration date is?

Actually, I misremembered. From my broker today: “It is not a lockup with a specific date. Tesla has to file a registration statement to allow for individual investor ownership. They have not done that at this point so those bonds are still institutional only. ”

Sold most of my shares today. For many different reasons.

Sorry to hear it, but I understand. I cashed in trading shares when it looked like we were going private— I only kept the shares I was planning to keep 10 years or more. The events of the past week make me glad I did.

I’m still planning to buy calls before the Q3 ER. Profitability looks very likely to me, but I trust the market still won’t believe it, so calls should be cheap even in November. I’m planning to do the same with the Q4 ER— I think the market still won’t believe profits will be sustainable 2 quarters in a row.

In the meantime, it looks like the media will continue their assault on Tesla. And with Elon giving them ammo, it’s hard to see things turning around before the ER. I expect good August sales estimates from InsideEVs in a few days, but I don’t expect the market to notice.

We need some good news...will they publish August production/delivery most. in first week of Sept. ?

The release of V9.0 should get some traction, depending on how good it is and what surprise capabilities it brings.
I'm sure the shorts' army has negative articles prepared already, but what matters is the change in the valuation done by the big existing holders. They should add the additional value, and hopefully (fingers crossed) add some shares.

We also don't know if the Saudi PIF reached the intended percentage of shares they wished to accumulate. 4-5% might be the end of the purchase, but it also might be the beginning.

Reactions: mongo
During the '16 election every time Trump got into some kind of controversy, his numbers would tank. When he avoided controversies the numbers would come back up. There is a lesson for Musk somewhere there.

Musk should tweet about EVs, technology, climate change. Absolutely no point tweeting about other stuff.

The problem is Musk wants to be the superhero. That he couldn't be the guy who helped bring the boys back up ticked him off. Better to disengage when that happens rather than starting a fight with someone on this.

The problem is Musk wants to be the superhero. That he couldn't be the guy who helped bring the boys back up ticked him off. Better to disengage when that happens rather than starting a fight with someone on this.

You got that completely wrong IMHO. He was very classy up to the moment this guy told him to shove the submarine up his a**.

During the '16 election every time Trump got into some kind of controversy, his numbers would tank. When he avoided controversies the numbers would come back up. There is a lesson for Musk somewhere there.

We all witnessed how reliable were those numbers. After all- he was supposed to lose heavily, wasn't he?

$305.01 close today. Not surprising considering the amount/type of FUD hitting my newsfeeds.

To be fair, a lot of action was happening in the big stocks (AMZN/GOOG were upgraded today).

I can understand the explanation, but I'm confused why you'd do so on such a down day and during such a down week. You think it's not turning around anytime soon? Just emotions/exhaustion?

I'm no superstar at buying low and selling high, but just seems like an odd time, especially with profits around the quarter (unless you don't buy that argument).

I’ve just diversified more. Yes, part is exhaustion from Elon setting up expectations and not following through...

I think it’s possible they will be profitable in q3. I doubt that will have a direct impact on the stock price. Already priced in...

Elon and Tesla need to surprise the market and catch the shorts off guard. Only way stock will go up in my opinion.

I am not counting on that happening.

The release of V9.0 should get some traction, depending on how good it is and what surprise capabilities it brings.
I'm sure the shorts' army has negative articles prepared already, but what matters is the change in the valuation done by the big existing holders. They should add the additional value, and hopefully (fingers crossed) add some shares.

We also don't know if the Saudi PIF reached the intended percentage of shares they wished to accumulate. 4-5% might be the end of the purchase, but it also might be the beginning.

You really think V9 is coming anytime soon. It could be but I highly doubt it will cause the market to go up.

Let's not forget that the current version cant even recognize flat deck trailers. If Tesla does release V9 I'm positive it wont have any significant autonomous features. Theres going to be allot of disappointment.

V9 will not solve teslas current market woes, Let's dont forget that Tesla is one of the only companies in history that doesn't make a profit but has numerous investors putting money on the line. I would like to see any other company in history that has went from 50 bucks a share to over 300 without being profitable.

Now what's this company going to look like after being profitable. because they are getting close.

• Disagree
Reactions: SpaceCash
Sold most of my shares today. For many different reasons. Tesla is an awesome company with awesome products. I think it will eventually be successful but many hurdles to still overcome. Management has s spotty record and I have been giving them a benefit of the doubt but I think at this point in my life no reason to take excessive risk. Elon is a visionary.but is unreliable and unpredictable. I doubt that will change. Recent tweet was ridiculous. Thanks for all your advice over the years and best of luck. Peace out.

If Elon doesn’t learn to STFU there will be more people leaving. It’s not about being right, Elon! It’s about focus and not giving shorts ammo to grind your followers/believers down! Personally, im pissed that we’ve lost a long term believer. This was a 2014 member and not a recent investor. I understand losing weaker longs, but this was not one of them. The recent erratic believer is inexcusable, how many more times do we have to watch this? After we’re profitable Elon can run his mouth as much as he wants, but not now damnit, not when you’ve made so many massive mistakes.

The reason why I believe elon's tweets and the unsworth scenario is linked to stock price is because a settlement affects elon's personal wealth.

Elon's personal wealth matters because of how much tsla stocks he pledged to get a loan.

Sorry to say, but this is a potential vector to bring down tsla.

No it’s not. There’s plenty of money people who will back Elon personally if it ever comes to that.

Nah, Elon has borrowed just a few percent of the market cap of Tesla. The worst that could happen is he has to sell a bit of Tesla stock on the open market. It might depress the stock price, but it certainly won't tank Elon or the company.

That's great to know. I am starting to remember the filings I read, 200 mil from GS and 400 feom MS? Memory not reliable anymore. Used to be a huge %, but peanuts when tsla is 50bil+

If worst case scenario with vern. Like a repeat of thiel + horgan. Max damage is 120 mil that can be settled at 30 mil. So long as elon has ebough cash fliw, he won't need to sell stocks.

Vern is a personal matter and will blow over eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.