Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen bum(77), that thread was posted by someone with a total of 1 post. Then another lady mentioned she got a similar deal (total posts of this member = 1).

Might I conjecture that these aren't "real" members and simply hacks who signed up to create a ruckus?

Or perhaps they are simply bum-derivatives.
Oh good grief. Next, I will be accused of being Einhorn in disguise.

Being utterly ignorant of the gentleman, I just read the entire wiki bio of Joe Rogan.

Thus having done the appropriate due diligence, and therefore qualified to ask the following...would someone PLEASE tell me why you - and more importantly, quite a number of other TMC forum members - are so excited about the upcoming podcast? Is there any reason to expect anything questions of substance; any insightful probings?

Haven't had time to read through the thread, so here are my quick thoughts before market close, apologies if repeated.

Having listened to and enjoyed quite a few of Joe's podcasts over the years, there's reason to be very excited, because it's undoubtedly going to be a historic interview, but also reason to be a little bit afraid for the short term stock price.

Some of them are very insightful, the ones with Rhonda Patrick about nutritional genomics and other knowledgeable people of the sort, but Joe ventures into just about every taboo subject known to man and has had quite extensive conversation about every conspiracy theory out there. If you want an example on how crazy it can get, listen to the Alex Jones episode. But he also asks great questions and lets the guest answer for as long as they want.

I would not be surprised if drugs (LSD, weed, DMT - often a topic), Burning Man, weird theories about the nature of the universe - stuff of that sort - show up. I hope they steer clear, for obvious reasons, although I'd like to hear them talk about it and knowing Joe and Elon, the chance is definitely there. I'd be nervous holding short term calls and am waiting to hear the interview and potential media storm before loading up.

It's also going to be interesting to see is if any of media try and discredit Joe Rogan as part of the Elon Musk smear. He undoubtedly has enormous reach among young men especially.

Fwiw, I think the interview is going to be a huge positive for Elon as a whole, but it might not show up tomorrow in market action. One small reference by Elon to drugs and the media will be all over it. I'm leaning towards him being very confident about the future of Tesla and thus very unfiltered about things, which would paradoxically be a short term negative in my view.

This is another f you to the media and the establishment - they're not going to take it lightly. It's going to win over the people that count in the long run though, so that's good.

In any case, Elon has never done an interview this long and this unscripted before - I can't wait!

Last edited:
Let's not talk about impossible, remember what happened to Porsche and VW, they had to settle for almost 6.2 bln in damages to shorts of VW.

Don't think ur correct:

Here's the decision:

The US Court's Conclusion

Counts One, Two, and Three of the Complaints, which allege Exchange Act violations, were dismissed with prejudice.

Count Four, which in each Complaint alleges a cause of action for Common Law Fraud, was dismissed in both actions without prejudice.

Fire Away!

Haven't had time to read through the thread, so here are my quick thoughts before market close, apologies if repeated.

Having listened to and enjoyed quite a few of Joe's podcasts over the years, there's reason to be very excited, because it's undoubtedly going to be a historic interview, but also reason to be a little bit afraid for the short term stock price.

Some of them are very insightful, the ones with Rhonda Patrick about nutritional genomics and other knowledgeable people of the sort, but Joe ventures into just about every taboo subject known to man and has had quite extensive conversation about every conspiracy theory out there. If you want an example on how crazy it can get, listen to the Alex Jones episode. But he also asks great questions and lets the guest answer for as long as they want.

I would not be surprised if drugs (LSD, weed, DMT - often a topic), Burning Man, weird theories about the nature of the universe - stuff of that sort - show up. I hope they steer clear, for obvious reasons, although I'd like to hear them talk about it and knowing Joe and Elon, the chance is definitely there. I'd be nervous holding short term calls and am waiting to hear the interview and potential media storm before loading up.

It's also going to be interesting to see is if any of media try and discredit Joe Rogan as part of the Elon Musk smear. He undoubtedly has enormous reach among young men especially.

Fwiw, I think the interview is going to be a huge positive for Elon as a whole, but it might not show up tomorrow in market action. One small reference by Elon to drugs and the media will be all over it. I'm leaning towards him being very confident about the future of Tesla and thus very unfiltered about things, which would paradoxically be a short term negative in my view.

This is another f you to the media and the establishment - they're not going to take it lightly. It's going to win over the people that count in the long run though, so that's good.

In any case, Elon has never done an interview this long and thus unscripted before - I can't wait!

Joe has a very open mind and utilizes first principles type thinking. When presented with facts he adjusts his thinking on the fly. Also, Joe is very big about making our dirt pile a better place. Hoping Elon can dispel some common misconceptions re sustainable Enegy and transport which are here and available now from Tesla.

This is gonna be fascinating!

Fire Away!

Last edited:
I relayed a new possible INCENTIVE.
SpaceCash. You disagree with every single post I make. Why not speak up and say what you disagree with?

Dude go away. I know exactly who you are and what you're doing. Don't tell me what to post and I won't tell you how to do your job. I disagree with your entire existence on this board and you know damn well that you exclusively post disingenuous FUD. This response itself is more energy than I should give you. I will continue 'disagreeing' everything you post, you clown.

Dude go away. I know exactly who you are and what you're doing. Don't tell me what to post and I won't tell you how to do your job. I disagree with your entire existence on this board and you know damn well that you exclusively post disingenuous FUD. This response itself is more energy than I should give you. I will continue 'disagreeing' everything you post, you clown.

To each his own, but my take is 1) don't respond and 2) mark it as 'funny'

"Don't forget the power of laughter" -- Kra

Melric the Magician and the Sorcerer by David McKee

• Love
Reactions: SpaceCash
All this talk about ordering a Tesla by/to (an ignored member) made me think, I'll test it:

I ordered a Tesla S a few minutes ago. My garage door opened and low and behold, a Tesla was delivered to my driveway in less than a minute! Poor Elon and Tesla must be in dire straights! They're now delivering their cars on demand!

Appears TSLA will close flat with 10 minutes before the closing bell. Sure wish I could order the new Roadster and get it today...

Joe has a very open mind and utilizes first principles type thinking. When presented with facts he adjusts his thinking on the fly. Also, Joe is very about making our dirt pile a better place. Hoping Elon can dispel some common misconceptions re sustainable Enegy and transport which are here and available now from Tesla.

This is gonna be fascinating!

Fire Away!

Don't get me wrong, I love Joe and think he's an amazing example of new media. He's open (some would say to a fault - therefore all the conspiracies) and as you say, thinks things from first principles. I just don't think the market and msm will be as receptive as I would, if anything controversial is talked about. I do hope I'm wrong.

• Helpful
You mean like this drivel "How do you think Jon McNeill reduced the S & X inventory in the second half of last year by over 6,000 units? He offered big discounts. That hurt margins which in turn led to losses but the inventory had to go"

So thereby inferring a problem selling cars....a demand problem so to speak.
Yeah he is tiresome for sure. You would think after 60/70 whatever number of SA post's he would have gotten tired...but all Don really has done is hone his style....no he comes here and tries to "share" information.

I will continue 'disagreeing' everything you post, you clown.

I know its hypocritical coming from the snippiness king, but outright name calling doesn't ever achieve anything. Ignore or fight with facts (while being snarky in the process heh heh).

Personally, I also disike to disagree without explaining why. Not that 'voting' reputation means anything but its just annoying when people disagree but can't challenge your point.

• Helpful
Status
Not open for further replies.