Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So back to TSLA market action....

We had a really good Q2 ER and conference call. Stock shot up to 350.

Craziness ensued over taking the company private. Stock falls after Elon decides not to, casting doubt on his abilities. Then falls to 280 because many think he’s unhinged.

If this talk tonight goes well, it could go a long way in repairing the damage. He usually does well in this type of setting.

Hey Karen, you ready to configure?

It is my belief Tesla will launch another cash-raising effort before the end of the month, just like they did in the last week of June for another influx of $2,500 deposits. If I am right it will be either opening configurations for SR here or LR RWD/AWD in Europe (LHD). My vote is on Europe.

Think you are a little early for Europe unless they apply to cars built in the last two weeks of December.
I hope they deliver a few SR this year but I have my doubts. Otherwise its a good idea.

Ass-ociations can be a strange thing.
Somehow, from a notice of Burt Reynold's recent passing, via a redition of Smokey & the Bandit (bad bears & beers, right?) I fell into an Internet rabbit hole onto Chevy Chase & Paul Simon doing a pantomime of You Can Call Me Al, the theme song for the Gore campaign of Yore. Now, that to me was amusing. :D

But wait, where does Ford come into all this? Oh, another Vice President!
Please note nothing was said about Present of Vice.

Reactions: Off Shore
Think you are a little early for Europe unless they apply to cars built in the last two weeks of December.
I hope they deliver a few SR this year but I have my doubts. Otherwise its a good idea.
The reason I see this as possible is according to Troy's spreadsheet Tesla has people who have configured as far back as May still without VIN assignments. Turn that forward from the last week of this month and we would be into 2019.

Troy's data also shows few remaining RWD orders left in the pipeline for the U.S. In order to keep those lines running without switching them to AWD, opening another market would make sense. Without more information on the SR battery pack status it is hard to know for sure, but I think something will open up for configurations before the end of the month for deliveries likely in early 2019. For a while I thought it was going to be Model Y, but it seems too late now for an unveiling by 9/30.

Karen! Don't listen to Don! He's a.... a.... a... CAR SALESMAN! .... ahhhhh!!!:)

Fire Away!:)
ROFL!!! Okay that was funny. I gave you a "funny" too. (and it is Donn, two n's)

Ahhh. SpaceCash... I knew I could count on you for a "disagree", but my name really does have two "n"s. ;)

Last edited:
My thoughts on the "going private" lawsuit:

Case closed.
It was the next two words, "funding secured", that rattled the markets and got the SEC's attention. I admit I bought some calls immediately based on those two words. So I would not be surprised if short-sellers ran to the exits taking big losses, which will have to be proven in court or in a settlement hearing.

My thoughts on the "going private" lawsuit:

Case closed.

I think you're being a bit misleading or at least obtuse, especially since you truncate musk's quote prior to the point that is at issue. The fact that he was "considering" taking it private is not at issue. The news article from CNBC says
The suit specifically cites Musk's Aug. 7 tweet about taking Tesla private and claiming that funding for that effort had been "secured."
The concept of whether the funding was secured is at issue. Left is obviously taking issue with Musk stating that as a fact, not an opinion.

Short seller Andrew Left sues Tesla and Elon Musk, claiming stock manipulation

In fact, reading the press article put out by Labaton/Sucharow they say
Specifically, on August 7, 2018, Defendants misrepresented they had “funding secured” for a buyout to take Tesla private and “nvestor support is confirmed.”

Labaton Sucharow Files Securities Class Action Lawsuit on Behalf of Shareholder Activist Andrew E. Left of Citron Research Against Elon Musk and Tesla, Inc.

It was the next two words, "funding secured", that rattled the markets and got the SEC's attention. I admit I bought some calls immediately based on those two words. So I would not be surprised if short-sellers ran to the exits taking big losses, which will have to be proven in court or in a settlement hearing.

Poor short sellers. I hope they get abundantly compensated for all of their losses and more after Tesla have been crushed by the SEC.

Right, pretty much the entire case is going to rest on what those words mean, what Musk thought they mean, and the circumstances of any assurances he had of funding at the time.

FWIW, my understanding is that “secured” has almost no meaning, and that any even informal offer by a potential investor with enough capital to reasonably cover the transaction would be acceptable.

Right, pretty much the entire case is going to rest on what those words mean, what Musk thought they mean, and the circumstances of any assurances he had of funding at the time.

FWIW, my understanding is that “secured” has almost no meaning, and that any even informal offer by a potential investor with enough capital to reasonably cover the transaction would be acceptable.

I happen to agree with you that "secured" is vague, but that is going to be crux of the lawsuit and I don't really know how a judge will take it.

It is quite ironic that andrew left is the one complaining. His business plan is- consistently- to take a very large short position, then dump a "citron research report" on the market and cover several days later after people sell.

For some reason I didn't see it as link. In any case it's bullocks. There are many cases of people especially in California getting cars very quick. There is 0 chances of Tesla offering as their choice a weekend delivery. There is 0 chance of Tesla offering free 1 year SC for RWD model. It is suicidal if they would do that. You are spreading FUD by 1poster. Why?
I'm really tired of people that attack others if post is not superbly optimistic. Yes, that includes you too.

Here is one possible interpretation of your behaviour: you are new account, you want only positive stuff to be discussed, to quietly raise expectations, so that when Tesla can't live up to these expectations, then TSLA stock price suffers!!! So you're probably another form of Tesla short, no? Yeah, your shorts' game is getting more subtle and evolved, I'll give you that.

See? Very easy to come up with a vector of attack on almost anything said; @beachbum77 has been bearish, but reasonable, let him be, please.

Oh, and btw, I've blocked almost everyone that publicly stated that they've blocked someone, so 'Disagree' is the only way that I'd see if you're displeased.

@donn Bailey @beachbum77 from Seeking Alpha, with no positive Tesla articles, but 67 negative articles, slumming here.
Are you doing research for another negative article?
bunch of "Hoohah"
Shorts were already quietly stampeding for the exits
short interest dropped from 39.1 million on 5/31 to 35 million on 8/1, already down close to 10.5% before Elon tweeted.
Your NYC1965 gets pissed when i mention "elephants quietly stampeding for the exits", afraid i will spook the dumb shorts

upload_2018-9-6_18-23-16.png

Status
Not open for further replies.