Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, here is a question? Is there any reason to buy a short-term TSLA position before the ER day? The way macro is going I'm convinced I should just be watching. (I do have a core position so I wouldn't miss out if it turns around before then)

Do you have any particular insight as to how macros are going to trend between here and ER? Just assuming that they'll continue following whatever line they've been on in the past couple days isn't necessarily a wise approach ;)

Reactions: bdy0627
So, here is a question? Is there any reason to buy a short-term TSLA position before the ER day? The way macro is going I'm convinced I should just be watching. (I do have a core position so I wouldn't miss out if it turns around before then)

Nobody can answer this. I'd say it depends on your time horizon. If you can stay attached to the market and trade the volatility I would do that. Until earnings day, right now there's a push and pull battle between the following:

- Sentiment of earnings/profitability (we know the delivery figures it just depends on what products were sold at what gross margin)
- News headlines
- Elon's phone risk

So we'll be trading in an incredibly wide channel like we did in 2013. Analysts are still going back and forth and short positions are loaded (granted they cooled off in the last few days with some covering)

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Do you have any particular insight as to how macros are going to trend between here and ER? Just assuming that they'll continue following whatever line they've been on in the past couple days isn't necessarily a wise approach ;)
Well, yeah, I have absolutely no idea which direction the market will go in the short term - especially on the macro level. I have my gut feeling based on watching the market over the years but that hasn't proven to be accurate. Anyway, you are right, and that is why I have a core position. But if I'm gambling I think I'm going to leave it to just the ER. It seems like the most likely bet for me to win even if we rebound to $300+ before then.

QQQ is down 2%, falling from a rising wedge. TSLA is a risky, highly priced stock and it's bound to drop a lot more than the market as a whole. It's unfortunate, but it's to be expected.

Immagineqqq.jpg

Slides without dates and values usually are intended to spread FUD. I do not know how you manipulated that chard but this is what I see:

Tesla d TMC-2.png

Looks quite different to yours right?!

Strong long term support at 241 - 251 over the last 18 months. In the past this has been a great buying level and opportunity and with fundamentals stronger than ever its hard to imagine that this does not apply today too.

If you expect it to fall below then you may experience the unexpected.

Last edited:
Slides without dates and values usually are intended to spread FUD. I do not know how you manipulated that chard but this is what I see:

View attachment 342476

Strong long term support at 241 - 251 over the last 18 months.

It's a QQQ chart, not TSLA... 1 year chart btw, you can clearly see the february correction after that january spike. (Top let in the chart: QQQ Daily).

Yep.

There are many auto manufacturers now that basically outsource everything but the engine... And the weak compliance EVs they push out outsource the batteries to companies like LG/Samsung/etc so there they outsource practically everything.

The short's argument that ICE auto manufacturers are going to be able to throw out huge amounts of competitive EVs at will is silly.

ok i'll bite. i saw the ipace last weekend and its a nice piece of kit. what is the competence ratio between jaguar and magna? was it mostly magna?

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
It's a QQQ chart, not TSLA... 1 year chart btw, you can clearly see the february correction after that january spike. (Top let in the chart: QQQ Daily).

One of the first you learn in university is never to even create a chard without written metrics on the x and y axis. Regardless if its correct or manipulated its worthless for a reader if you post it like you did.

View attachment 342476

Strong long term support at 241 - 251 over the last 18 months. In the past this has been a great buying level and opportunity and with fundamentals stronger than ever its hard to imagine with that does not apply today too.

Different charts, that is why they look different...

One of the first you learn in university is never to even create a chard without written metrics on the x and y axis. Regardless if its correct or manipulated its worthless for a reader if you post it like you did.

At this stage I consider the consistent use of 'chard' as opposed to the correct 'chart' as a sure sign that no one has hacked the account.

See what I did there? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.