Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to happen. Why would you want to get a car with 2k miles on odometer, worn tires, covered w/ bug corpses etc.?
Maybe in the 50 mile radius from the factory.

You're not thinking, men - Tesla autonomous semi will drop them off at the owners' premises and the car will then park itself on the drive. With the exception of narrow streets, etc, where the car will need to go that little bit further...

Actually not sure it will happen, TBH, client needs to see the car at Tesla and sign for it as being good - otherwise any scratches or whatever become a nightmare.

What? I think having Tesla semis with Tesla covered car carriers hauling Tesla vehicles to new owners is great idea.
(no reason to have 8 cars drive to a state when you can have one semi do it)
I like it. You have an FSD semi hauling properly loaded FSD cars that drive themselves off of the trailer and to the home of the purchaser!

Doubt that will happen, but it will be excellent when the cars are transported using a Tesla Semi and trailer.

Sooner or later one or more legacy automakers is going to decide that it will make more sense to partner with Tesla and have tem provide the powertrains and EV charging infrastructure than to start a program from scratch.
I've oft wondered this. Would be great. Tesla should create a subsidiary business that is a supplier and consultant to other auto makers.

Reactions: SpaceCash
Not going to happen. Why would you want to get a car with 2k miles on odometer, worn tires, covered w/ bug corpses etc.?
Maybe in the 50 mile radius from the factory.

Y’all beat me to that, I like the “spy hunter” video game style drop off...
upload_2018-10-16_10-27-39.png

I didn’t read it initially or even click on it, but did, and regret it. Murdoch seems like such an odd duck in the board. Any chance the shorts were planning a hostile takeover/buyout, and he’s part of it? I know he was appointed last year or so... just thinkin’. I don’t know much about him, other than FOX. Anyhow, prob not right place for this post. Sorry.

What? I think having Tesla semis with Tesla covered car carriers hauling Tesla vehicles to new owners is great idea.
(no reason to have 8 cars drive to a state when you can have one semi do it)

You can have Tesla Semi drop of 8 cars in a downtown and have the cars drive themselves the last 30 miles.

And reduce delivery fees from $1200 to $300.

Or charge $400 and include a $100 gift card to a local detail shop.

You're not thinking, men - Tesla autonomous semi will drop them off at the owners' premises and the car will then park itself on the drive. With the exception of narrow streets, etc, where the car will need to go that little bit further...

Actually not sure it will happen, TBH, client needs to see the car at Tesla and sign for it as being good - otherwise any scratches or whatever become a nightmare.
Well, Semis are a valid option if they indeed follow through on building a delivery-dedicated fleet. It's just crazy how many things they need to take on to just sell the cars. Electricians training, delivery Semis... if it goes like this, pretty soon all the products will be Tesla and nothing left for others.

Scratches btw would not be a problem w/ Semis delivery, they give you 3 days currently to report anything you've found. So, you'd get the same 3 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.