Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
-2,3%? Seriously?

Is there some news I missed?

Ah, I see above. Well, that's the profit-taking trigger I was waiting for. You'd think that executive departures would have stopped phasing people by now, but just like bad Goldman valuations, they always seem to work.

And while $TSLA is now exceeding the downward swing (nothing new) this is still in keeping with NASDAQ...

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
And while $TSLA is now exceeding the downward swing (nothing new) this is still in keeping with NASDAQ...

While TSLA certain has its own price trends, but on unconstrained days NASDAQ swings are usually followed by TSLA with a 2x-3x volatility multiplier.

So the current -1.5% drop on NASDAQ was only partially followed by TSLA, i.e. there's buy-on-dip pressure upwards.

Tesla was well exceeding NASDAQ due to the good news (NASDAQ down, TSLA up), now it's well below. This appears to be due to Passin leaving. A guy who I'll admit I hadn't even heard of before, and who doesn't show up on Tesla's org chart:

normal_d28a01ae-0f0d-45b4-a11f-8e8aeb5258f4.jpg

I wonder how long it's going to take people to realize that Tesla has a lot of people whose titles start with "President", "Vice President", "Chief", "Senior", etc.

Tesla was well exceeding NASDAQ due to the good news (NASDAQ down, TSLA up), now it's well below. This appears to be due to Passin leaving.

Today TSLA was following the NASDAQ swings, which are usually magnified 2x-3x. Today the NASDAQ drop was magnified only 1.5x which signals net buying pressure.

I believe the usual suspects can read the futures prices just as much as we can do, so they timed their negative articles (Dana Hull and Linette Lopez) to make it appear as if the TSLA drop was related to the negative articles. Just the usual sleaze from them. ;)

Munro claimed the 3 is too stiff. I had a hard time to understand what he talked about. This and his claim the car is too heavy shows where he is coming from and that he need to learn about the EV business. The issue with Munro is he believes there is nothing he needs to learn but can apply what he learned throughout all the tear down he did with ICE cars.

I have a feeling this was taken out of context. Every manufacturer of driver's cars wants to make the car as stiff as possible. Aftermarket modders keep making and buying parts to make the chassis stiffer. What do you mean "too stiff"? Sounds ridiculous.

Reactions: Thumper
I fully understand the transaction. You don’t seem to think independently from management. Have you ONCE criticized the management for the numerous mistakes made in the last year? This isn’t about the level of dilution; it’s the principle: Elon f’ed up, and Tesla should have fined him, instead of enriching him at the expense of existing shareholders. I’m not going to get into this with blind-faith followers.

You of all people criticizing others for blindly accepting management’s guidance? Or have you now seen the light and the pendulum is swinging the other way? You used to accept managements guidance like it was a guaranteed outcome, while all of us here tried to talk you down. Now you’re criticizing Elon for paying Tesla back in exchange for shares? Oh please...

Last edited:
I have a feeling this was taken out of context. Every manufacturer of driver's cars wants to make the car as stiff as possible. Aftermarket modders keep making and buying parts to make the chassis stiffer. What do you mean "too stiff"? Sounds ridiculous.

Maybe he's suggesting they spent money on support that he thinks didn't need to be there. I remember something in the report where he said that the rear area had a complex metal structure that should be replaced with a composite tub. I think they were talking about the trunk well area. Tesla responded saying they put safety above cost.

Tesla was well exceeding NASDAQ due to the good news (NASDAQ down, TSLA up), now it's well below. This appears to be due to Passin leaving. A guy who I'll admit I hadn't even heard of before, and who doesn't show up on Tesla's org chart:

normal_d28a01ae-0f0d-45b4-a11f-8e8aeb5258f4.jpg

I wonder how long it's going to take people to realize that Tesla has a lot of people whose titles start with "President", "Vice President", "Chief", "Senior", etc.

The guy isn't on this chart because this chart was made after Passin departure. Dana Hull realized that Passing departed because of this chart, actually.

I thought the agreement specifically precluded such an action. (So this seems to fly directly in the face of the settlement and could invalidate it.)

Yes, I think it does preclude it - but I was wrong about the accounting treatment: the net Q4 profit effect is still -$20m, but the capital paid in by Elon will neutralize the negative cash flow effects.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
SP dropped... So we started looking for a reason and picked the thing about Passin leaving and we decided that now we're sure that's why... Aren't we just making up random associations between cause and effect?

No. The article came out at the same time as the drop started. And Tesla's stock always drops like this when execs leave, because people never learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.