Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Payload and tow rating for unibody Model X is no where near that for body on frame F Series, although the Model X drivetrain can handle it.

Reducing chassis mass reduces utility of the pickup truck.

Again, Tesla is gunning at F Series not unibody fuax pickups.

Even urban cowboys wont buy the Tesla pickup if real truck users ridicule the truck.

30 cm is a foot, in case anyone needs that.
And seeing how Tesla figured everything out on the S and 3, I can't imagine they will make any faux pas on the P.

So the Nasdaq was at this price on May 8th, and Netflix is trading approximately its value then and Tesla closed at 302 that day. What's the plausibility that algos are basically just matching up stock prices with their prices at points of earlier index parity? I'm not much of a technical guy, and like thinking long-term but that seems to be what's happening. Tesla has been a real oddball stock this year though so I don't know how well this applies even if it works for some others.
What was so magic about May 8, other than the coincidence of it being the same price? If you believe your logic, the prices would never diverge.

And a base F-150 is only 30 centimetres longer than a Model X. Given that the bumper of a pickup usually sticks out about that much further behind the rear wheels than the bumper of a SUV behind its rear wheels, that's pretty much a match.
modelx@2.jpg

fordsupercab.jpg

As for whether Y will be as big as X, that'll have to be a "let's agree to disagree" concept until the unveiling ;)

Come on now. Are you really going to make me point out that I repeatedly pointed out that you get a far better lightness-bank-for-your-buck by cutting cell cost-per-kWh and redirecting money into reducing frame mass, than you do by increasing cell energy density? I was literally talking about how chassis mass reductions are the affordable way to keep costs down.
Just don't give it twin I beam front suspension!

• Funny
Reactions: RobStark and mongo
Found an interesting pic in the Atlanta delivery thread of crates of Model 3 battery packs. Could Tesla be planning to switch out packs from inventory LR RWD cars for MR orders? Makes sense as a great way to reduce inventory while speeding up deliveries to meet the year-end FITC reduction. All they need to do is reprint the Monroneys. THIS would be very smart inventory management.

As far as I have heard there are no VIN variations for the MR. Is that correct?
64bd4dba-ed56-4636-9e53-09bd0988c698-jpeg.343571

30 cm is a foot, in case anyone needs that.
And seeing how Tesla figured everything out on the S and 3, I can't imagine they will make any faux pas on the P.
Yes, we all need at least one foot to have standing.
Reminds me of an old joke about the statue of heroic king Karl XII pointing toward Russia, the enemy at the time: His hand is exactly 11½ inches, which is good thing. Because just a little bit more and his hand would be a foot! :D
Just trying to ease tensions a bit, ok? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.