Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s not what I heard. 7k will be easy to reach, with minimal capex. And JB said that batteries are no longer a bottleneck for the cars, only for energy.
Are we debating the difference between the word SOME and MINIMAL? I find minimal, in the world of 1+B to build a factory, to probably mean in the 50-150M range. Maybe it's 10,000, but I doubt it. As for batteries, didn't they talk about new lines coming "on line", will that take some time? Is there NO constraint for batteries at this point? If there isn't whey the heck aren't they producing 5-6K cars a week NOW?

The time to get car from built to delivered was 30 days in August, was reduced to 20 days, goal is <10 days (USA). Then next goal is under 7 days worldwide.

Wants to reduce supply chain parts inventory at factory so that working capital is increased. That profoundly changes financial effectiveness of Tesla. Also said having faster car delivery profoundly changes financials of company.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.