Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
New tweet: he just offered to give anyone who has bought a dual motor performance a $5000 rebate and turn off free supercharging. That could cost a lot.

Elon Musk on Twitter

No, he offered anyone that bought a dual motor performance Model 3 with the Performance Upgrade Package a $5k rebate if they have free unlimited Supercharging turned off.

Anyone who ordered before this bundling got unlimited free supercharging, those who didn't get will get it added now.
Anyone who order P3D now will NOT get lifetime unlimited charging, but will get larger wheels. I would choose the first one, in the long run, that's a better deal.

Elon said on Twitter: It (free charging) was underpriced. Anyway, if you want $5k refund & free Supercharging turned off, we will do that.

This solution is very fair.

I did some rough calculation. I think the free charging worth much more than $5k in the long run. I plan to spend one year and use FSD to travel around the nation, I want to see every places. It's an item on my bucket list. The supercharging cost in that one trip could worth $10k. Also very valuable when the car is enlisted for ride sharing on Tesla Network.

New tweet: he just offered to give anyone who has bought a dual motor performance a $5000 rebate and turn off free supercharging. That could cost a lot.

Elon Musk on Twitter

Frieken told every one here. I’m as bullish as it gets but bad *sugar* happens when you drink too much teslaquila and suffer a disconnect from the actual car owners themselves.

The last thing you want to do is offend ones principles. 5000 is a lot of money to a lot of people. Not for those with 1000 TSLA shares but get out of that bubble. See my love for Elon before and as a reminder I bought FSD on 9/31 to help Q3.

FA7FB004-426C-4FE0-8F4A-271BA5022ACA.jpeg

the tvs didn’t come down 5k in price in a matter of 1-2 months though, lol.

i’m in as well on the 5k package. i have mixed feelings about it. at this point, i’m not going to make a stink about it (i’ve got bigger fish to fry)
plus we get free SC - that’s worth some coin for sure

... unfortunately i think most of those who bought it will see fred’s point of view... they may feel a bit betrayed.
a 1-2k tweak isn’t a big deal. but 5k is a little more drastic after such a very short period.

just human nature, if you mess with people’s $.

these aren’t early S and X purchasers. this is, for the most part, a whole new demographic.
they don’t care about “the mission” like most here on TMC does. you TMC originals are going to end up hating the avg tesla owner demographic 2-3-4 years from now. they’ll be viewed as posers.

if you mess w people’s $, whether they are your employees or your customers, chances are you’ll start losing their loyalty. the new demographic(s) will be much more fickle than the originals.

A month after I purchased my 90D, the 100D came out for the same price. I don’t expect Tesla to announce changes like this because then people would wait. Amazing how many people think it’s okay for them to reneg on a contract signed by both parties. I bet you wouldn’t want Tesla to charge you 5k more if they raised after you signed the contract .... right?

Are you sure newly issue shares? Seems if so he didnt have to time it with open market.

Yes, that is why he has to time it to the next "open purchase" window. If he was buying on the open market he could have done that at any time.

Also, the whole point is to give Tesla $20 million to cover their SEC fine. If he bought on the open market Tesla would get $0.

We might see green but not because of these tweets. How much did he give away? $5000 to how many people?
No, he offered anyone that bought a dual motor performance Model 3 with the Performance Upgrade Package a $5k rebate if they have free unlimited Supercharging turned off.
He should give choice:
* 5k refund & no supercharging
* FSD
* $5k credit towards next car

For anyone interested, Larry Ellison’s comments on Tesla are at the 2:21 mark below.

The transcript and snippets posted by the press don’t do it justice.

Financial Analyst Meeting | 2018
Thanks for the link, but the 2:21 mark on this two and a half hour vid isn't it, Larry doesn't appear until the one hour mark. Any chance of updating where he gives his Tesla comments? Thanks.

Thanks for the link, but the 2:21 mark on this two and a half hour vid, and Larry doesn't appear until the one hour mark. Any chance of updating where he gives his Tesla comments? Thanks.

Just watch and delight in gazing into his beautiful countenance.

2:21:00

He must feast on the stem cells of virgins. The guy looks insanely good for 74.

Last edited:
Fred Lambert has really gone off the rails lately. If he’d bought a car through a dealer he’d have been offered a different deal to someone who bought the same car on the same day in another town. At some point Tesla’s corporate strategy needs to mature rather than caving at the first sign of whinging and giving away shareholder value to customers who received exactly what they paid for.

That is when he said it would happen. But I don't think it really matters to us. (Unless you care about the miniscule dilution that it will cause.)
Shouldn't be dilutive. He's buying $20M in shares personally, on the open market, to counter the miniscule dilution created by Tesla corporation having to pay out $20M of shareholder's money to the SEC. If anything, it should drive the stock up a little bit as a decent number of shares get taken out of circulation.

Thanks for the link, but the 2:21 mark on this two and a half hour vid, and Larry doesn't appear until the one hour mark. Any chance of updating where he gives his Tesla comments? Thanks.

Sorry, meant 2 hours 21 minutes -- 2:21:51 to be exact. For context I think it is also helpful to hear the question, which is at 2:20:53.
Login | Financial Analyst Meeting

Shouldn't be dilutive. He's buying $20M in shares personally, on the open market, to counter the miniscule dilution created by Tesla corporation having to pay out $20M of shareholder's money to the SEC. If anything, it should drive the stock up a little bit as a decent number of shares get taken out of circulation.

No, he is buying $20 million of new shares directly from Tesla to cover the cost of their SEC fine. This is dilutive.

Tesla paying the fine from their cash would not be dilutive, but would reduce cash on hand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.