Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Artiste's rendition of today's market action

original_147031814.jpg

Who was that oracle here that forecast exactly this?
It wasn't me, but I did predict that the market could tank from the G20 results due to Trump - didn't expect the one day delay though.

I do think there are people actively trying to keep TSLA below $360. I still think they won't give up until March. At this point it looks like they may be overwhelmed, though.
At least whoever Tesla bought the hedge for the March convertibles from has a pretty strong financial incentive to keep the stock below $365 - I think they lose about $2.5 million for each dollar above that level (until the limit). I don't know who that is (GS?) but it is likely they are a market maker and therefore authorized to do naked short selling. They could of course just buy the shares to hedge their position but since it's probably an East coast Wall Street firm, they're bound to not believe TSLA can hold this level.

I've missed the drops to 352 the last 2 days because of work - very frustrating as those were times I would have sold some weekly puts.
I work for a living too so I can't watch the market during the day (and certainly not follow the market action thread during market hours). But I do take advantage of limit orders for most all of my trading. As I was taken out of TSLA when my stock was called Saturday, I put in a re-entry limit order, this time using $255 strike Jun '19 calls. Didn't get them yesterday, but got a great price today during the huge spike down and now I'm back in the game with nice leverage too. Fantastic strength in TSLA today!

On-Topic:
This week's market actions are a good demonstration of how #45 now is the wolf who has cried "Sheep!" once too often.

• It is likely that from now on, his nonsense no longer will be listened to.
  • And guess what happens to wolves when the surrounding wolves tire of him?
We should be so lucky, but we probably won't be.

For those of you who have not yet realized the importance of today's price action, I present the following screen shots of stocks I am following. TSLA's performance today was epic while the stock market cratered. This is not a fluke, or a one time event. TSLA has been artificially suppressed for three years. Within that time Tesla's lead in the EV space has increased 10X fold compared with other OEM. Where else can you find a >$50B market cap company growing at >50%/annum for at least the next 5 years. This ride, my TMC friends, is only just beginning. Buckle up. Not selling at these levels. Long live the TSLA Longs.

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 9.29.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 9.29.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 9.30.13 PM.png

This is FUD
Nope, that's an opinion, from someone I've come to appreciate, and you aren't on that list - yet; maybe I just didn't pay attention;
and in this case, you are being the bully, suppressing valuable input; people that are killing any opposing opinions have cost TMC members much more money than any trolls.

Nope, that's an opinion, from someone I've come to appreciate, and you aren't on that list - yet; maybe I just didn't pay attention;
and in this case, you are being the bully, suppressing valuable input; people that are killing any opposing opinions have cost TMC members much more money than any trolls.
Absolute *redacted*, my man.
He literally advised people to sell and forecasted an arbitrary, low SP cap. I truly couldn't care less what you think of me, but you're a fool if you can't recognize that as FUD. Blatant.

Last edited:
For those of you who have not yet realized the importance of today's price action, I present the following screen shots of stocks I am following. TSLA's performance today was epic while the stock market cratered. This is not a fluke, or a one time event. TSLA has been artificially suppressed for three years. Within that time Tesla's lead in the EV space has increased 10X fold compared with other OEM. Where else can you find a >$50B market cap company growing at >50%/annum for at least the next 5 years. This ride, my TMC friends, is only just beginning. Buckle up. Not selling at these levels. Long live the TSLA Longs.

View attachment 357944
View attachment 357945
View attachment 357946

I laugh so hard looking at this. I could not contain my laughter just thinking about the thought process of the shorts.

"The market is down, it's all red. WTF are you doing TSLA? Why are you green?"

View attachment 357944
View attachment 357945
View attachment 357946

Indeed this was huge for both the short and long run. One firm reiterating a buy rating while raising its price target would not ordinarily provide such bulletproof protection for a particular stock on a day when the rest of the market is devastated. Mr. Market is telling us that he knows something about TSLA which may not yet be widely evident.

Last edited:
Finally some media started to spin the drunk driver incident as negative:
A SLEEPING TESLA DRIVER HIGHLIGHTS AUTOPILOT'S BIGGEST FLAW
Calif. police use Tesla system to halt sleeping man’s car

But the arguments are pretty weak though.
The reality is:

1. the drunk driver committed suicide by hopping in the car.
  2. the car saved his life
  3. police officers saved him an embarrassing trip back from LA, where the car would run out of juice.:D
Kidding aside: kudos to police officers for knowing what they are dealing with.

Status
Not open for further replies.