Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forced as in broker asks firmly, or forced as in broker hits the buy button?

My understanding is that it starts by the broker asking/demanding, and if you don't respond in a timely enough manner they will take action for you. (In some cases if the call is large enough, and they think there is enough risk, they can skip the asking and go to taking action directly.)

Of course it all depends on each person's agreement with their broker.

Forced as in broker asks firmly, or forced as in broker hits the buy button?

I'm searching for an explanation for the velocity of the last two morning upward movements. We kind of know that each breaking of new ground triggers profit taking. Surely a considered purchase would play it a bit cooler and wait for later in the day, hence my wondering if these are unconsidered purchases.
This page:

Margin Call

claims that the broker liquidates securities when the investor doesn't deposit enough money for a sufficiently large margin quickly enough. But I remember someone mentioned that the broker can also liquidate if they think that the investor won't be able to deposit (quickly) enough, for example during a short squeeze.

This page:

Margin Call

claims that the broker liquidates securities when the investor doesn't deposit enough money for a sufficiently large margin quickly enough. But I remember someone mentioned that the broker can also liquidate if they think that the investor won't be able to deposit (quickly) enough, for example during a short squeeze.

For more fun, the broker can also (somewhat arbitrarily) change the minimum margin requirements (happened around Q3 report and SEC lawsuit). Poof! you now need 10% more cash in your account.

But, I'll remind you that Sunday morning I predicted we would open at 362.5+ Monday morning, and well we did. The 370$ from last Friday was based on the risk on element that the market and equity futures were already presenting and what I expected to actually occur from the G20 meeting over the weekend. which well occurred exactly as detailed. So, I'm not sure how this is intentional obfuscation.
So... predictions please. :cool: What's it going to do when the market opens again on Thursday?

Friday?

TIA ;)

Runs for cover...o_O

Untitled.png

All right. So a bunch of people think he is not! . Lets see...

China Auto tariffs were 25% earlier this year and they said they will cut it down voluntarily without anything in return to 15% from July.

But instead because of this buffoon they retaliated by increasing it to 40%. Now after this 90 days ceasefire in the G40 summit they are back to 25%. So instead of what could have been 15% it is now at 25% tariff.

And then this tweet comes out and sheep are lapping it up. And this is exactly what a scamster or conman does. Cheats and tricks people all the time..

Untitled1.png

As an inexperienced investor who would like to add to their long TSLA holdings by taking advantage of short-term price swings, I greatly appreciate the musings and commentary of you, @neroden, @KarenRei, and a select few others. And frankly, we're all done a disservice if this forum becomes an echo chamber of super bulls where every upswing is the $4000 squeeze.

So, thank you, and please keep sharing your thoughts. There's at least one forum member who reads more closely when your name pops up, I assure you.

I would also note that there are many long time lurkers on this forum (such as myself) who are humbled into the shadows by some of the amazing content produced by it's wonderful contributors (shout out to the mods too). This thread is kind of its own beast but the knowledge shared by all of you in threads like Market politics, Luvb2b model, and papfox's daily, is an invaluable resource for many who wish to learn about this wonderful company.

There will be those who read these threads, listen, learn and have their lives changed forever, thanks to certain members of this forum. Long hold all the way.

Last edited:
OT:

On that note and keeping in mind "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" maybe you are addressing the wrong kind of person - maybe the best AI is currently being evaluated on Iceland. :)

Apologies in advance to any actual humans offended by this...

Also on the topic of this off-topic, the 2014 film "Ex Machina" is really worth watching (after the kids have gone to bed).

Nice film, and quite an attractive android, if I may say so.

I'd also add Spielberg's much maligned A.I. as a quite excellent film to revisit, although I always wish it ended with David staring at the blue fairy...

LOL! This is exactly why we can't have nice things during Market Hours. One person posts off-topic, then somebody else MUST reply, and...

CH3ERS!

And you keep announcing this. And I have to keep explaining that TSLA remains the #1 holding in three of ARK's ETFs. They rebalance their funds virtually every day, while trying to keep any individual holding at not much more than 10%. Today many of their holdings moved down in price, thus making price-gaining TSLA a relatively higher percentage of their holdings. Do you understand?
It’s silly af. Honestly 100% of the fund should be TSLA. 99% of my portfolio is TSLA and that’s me being a big fat bear.

Oh, yeah. I'm sure that this instance of extremely obvious lying will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. That's the ticket.

Heh heh.

MY point hinged on the fact that #45's self-congratulatory fantasies haven't many times before caused the market to rise by as much as it did Monday morning before, you know, reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.