Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT :

My n=1 story: referred my neighbor on 11/30 (he ordered while we were @ 36k feet on a plane to Bonaire - oh, technology). Later that day or the next he received a text saying 12/18 delivery.

Madison, Wisconsin, Dual Motor, black/black/aero.

Tesla moving from custom built to order to more traditional build and they will buy has been good. It has let them increase production and reduce wait times (once ordered).

re Nocturnal's
I imagine finance professionals have similar views
Oh, not at all. Speaking on behalf of finance professionals I will guarantee you every last one of them has had an eye-popping reaction to that. Spewing coffee on keyboards, expletives ranging from "Right On!" to "You have to be kidding" to "He's really done it this time" to "Stuff's really going to hit the fan now"....

That comment did indeed really make waves across the industry.

Lack of attention to people skills from a company run by an engineer. Same reason Musk can't hang on to a girlfriend, bluntly speaking.
Your assuming he wants to hang onto a girl friend. I mean I love my wife but if divorced (especially if twice) and I was worth billions of dollars, why would I even consider remarriage or even long term girl friend. God I hope my wife does not read this

If you were hoping to have a boring day with TSLA, this is not the day. TSLA has been up when NASDAQ was down these days. Today NASDAQ is up and TSLA down, with relatively low volume. What's more interesting is that it seems that TSLA does not move according to news anymore, there were some pretty negative titles yesterday coming from 60 minutes manipulation, and today good news from China and Elon correcting some of 60 minutes. TSLA moves in mysterious ways, take care day traders!

If you want to discuss Climate Change in this thread....

then you are welcome to consider this news from the Climate Summit in Poland this week: Investors managing $32 trillion in assets call for action on climate change | Reuters

That 415 asset managers and other worthies were able to create such a document is extraordinary; that the amount of wealth they manage is of such staggering size is even more remarkable. $32 trillion is equal to the entire market capitalization of the United States in 2017, or that of the entire world in 2008. Latest cumulative data I could find for the planet was $80T as of end of 2017.

Now, such unanimity absolutely must break down when attempting to turn into action. For example, were each of those entities to try to divest their portfolios of, say, the entire hydrocarbon industry: explorers to producers to service to pipelines to refiners to marketers...in oil, gas, coal...

...while that group of categories likely would amount to, perhaps, $5-6T, regardless, selling en masse to non-existent buyers would not only drop the respective prices towards $0 but - it would amount to fiduciary irresponsibility on the part of these managers to their clients.

REGARDLESS - that such unanimity of opinion exists across these players amounts to an extremely swift-swung 4X4 beam towards the noggin of this industrial sector, and there will be consequences.

Hey guys... I published this article about Tesla's competitive advantage regarding battery cells..... before I put it out there...

does anyone know of a traditional automaker planning to use cylindrical cells? Also has anyone seen a picture of the robots that wire the cells into the modules?

Thanks for the feedback....

Tesla’s secret sauce – Andrew Thomas – Medium

OT

Oh, that's already happening. Preemptively. Frankfurt is getting a lot of relocations. Easy enough to Google that!

Though actually, the beneficiaries of relocations out of London are Frankfurt, Amsterdam, and Zurich, since they were already financial centers. (So France and Ireland aren't benefiting.)
More like hedging their bets, both ways. Whooops trying not to get involved ( at least during hours)

If you want to discuss Climate Change in this thread....

then you are welcome to consider this news from the Climate Summit in Poland this week: Investors managing $32 trillion in assets call for action on climate change | Reuters

That 415 asset managers and other worthies were able to create such a document is extraordinary; that the amount of wealth they manage is of such staggering size is even more remarkable. $32 trillion is equal to the entire market capitalization of the United States in 2017, or that of the entire world in 2008. Latest cumulative data I could find for the planet was $80T as of end of 2017.

Now, such unanimity absolutely must break down when attempting to turn into action. For example, were each of those entities to try to divest their portfolios of, say, the entire hydrocarbon industry: explorers to producers to service to pipelines to refiners to marketers...in oil, gas, coal...

...while that group of categories likely would amount to, perhaps, $5-6T, regardless, selling en masse to non-existent buyers would not only drop the respective prices towards $0 but - it would amount to fiduciary irresponsibility on the part of these managers to their clients.

REGARDLESS - that such unanimity of opinion exists across these players amounts to an extremely swift-swung 4X4 beam towards the noggin of this industrial sector, and there will be consequences.

The easiest way for them to have a quick and sound solution is to use 1 out of these 32 trillion to bid tsla to >1 trillion market cap. And then tsla dilute 20% to raise 200B and build 50 GF in the next 3-5 years. Problem solved.

I ask very insistently to remove any association between Tesla and global warming/climate changing discussion. It is very important that in a 4-5y Tesla should be completely separated from this discussion.
Because in 4-5 years everyone will accept the reality of human-caused global warming & ocean acidification and will be buying electric cars, and Tesla will be only one of many brands? Optimistic.

"A proposal to reduce tariffs on cars made in the U.S. to 15 percent from the current 40 percent has been submitted to China’s Cabinet to be reviewed in the coming days, according to people familiar with the matter." Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

This could be worth over $1bn to Tesla 2019 net profit.

15% is "back where we started before Trump started his idiotic trade war".

Hey guys... I published this article about Tesla's competitive advantage regarding battery cells..... before I put it out there...

does anyone know of a traditional automaker planning to use cylindrical cells? Also has anyone seen a picture of the robots that wire the cells into the modules?

Thanks for the feedback....

Tesla’s secret sauce – Andrew Thomas – Medium

BMW did some development but I do not believe it made it in production.

Lion Smart: BMW i3 erhält 100 kWh Akkupack mit 700 km Reichweite

Elon once advised them not to go with those cells but frankly said I believe a few of the core advantages Tesla receives with the Battery technology has to do with the cylindric cells they are using.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.