Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this yesterday regarding the S&P 500, but it may be even more relevant today:

upload_2018-12-13_11-18-22-png.360646

Citi and Deutsche are the arrangers (I'm using European definitions because it has been a while since I have worked on a US securitisation). They market the bonds to investors.

The underwriter is the entity that decides if the borrower can have a lease. Teslas finance arm will decide this. Because they decide who qualifies for a lease/loan their "quality" is directly linked to the expected performance of the loans.

The ratings agencies will assess Tesla's policy around lending (e.g. what fico scores they need a borrower to have before they lend, whether there is a required deposit, how much money the borrower needs to earn, etc.) And decided if Tesla finance have a strict or loose policy, if it is loose they will apply a penalty (They model higher losses) to the expected performance of the loans being securitise. This affects bond sizes and pricing.

Thanks! Moodys' Pre-Sale shows the total TALT 2018B pool as $919.71MM with 8.95% OC which comports with the offered amount of ~$837 in bonds. Which entity ends up with the OC at the end of the bonds' terms if not fully used because of defaults?

Other interesting details from the Pre-Sale are the trends in these parameters:
Screenshot (23).png

So here's the super-hyped TeslaCharts FUD for the day:

DuZ95TxUUAAb-xw.jpg:large

Seriously? This is what they were hyping?

Oh my god. You... you mean self-described TSLA bears have a lower estimate of Tesla sales than a pro-EV blog?!?!?!? How can this be?!?!?

Edit: Ah, I see, they’re trying to claim there’s an abnormal lag between delivery and their own estimate of VINs registered there. A database that’s known to lag behind actual changes. Oh noes!

Last edited:
The big question is: will we see the repeat of last Friday tomorrow ?
We are again close to 380, but the Max Pain is again pretty low at $345:

View attachment 360710

Last week, the MMs managed to bring it down almost exactly to max pain.
Will they do it again ?
Yesterday max pain was $345. It seems that, if your open yesterday was worth more than it would be if expiring at max pain, it would have been good to sell. We often think of max pain from the perspective of what it means to stock price. But it seems it could be even more valuable to look at it as a strategy for closing an option prior to expiration. Now if a bunch of options that were set to lose value if the price settle near max pain had in fact been closed, that would have shifted the max pain point up. So perhaps there is some sort of equilibrium to be had in this. So as of yesterday, there were far too many open call options above the pain.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and X Fan
Building options on both ends. (pun intended).. B.S.B. Dec 21 345/330/325 bear put spread. cost 1.60$. the downside put was .80c or else the spread would have been .80 for the 15$ B.S.spread.

Working on a similar for 370/395 calls for Feb19 but it's a bit $$ (10$ or 2.5x) at this point. The Feb 400/425 is only 8$ (or 3.2x) at this point, will probably have to enter the front call on a downdraft, then sell the upside call when we get a pop (if)
Thanks for this. I closed one of my short puts that expires next week when SP was at $371

• Helpful
Reactions: neroden
Hi all -- I just posted a thread, TSLA in a Bear Market, where I encourage you to share your thoughts on how TSLA will act in the event of a general market downtrend, which looks increasingly likely. I hope some of the more seasoned posters within this forum choose to participate -- I think we could all benefit from a thorough discussion of the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.