Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Technical Analysis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i like the A/D (accumulation/distribution ratio) from my looks, the 1 day, 5 day, 10 day, 3 month, 6 month, 1 year, 3 year all have upward pressure. only the 1 month is neutral to slightly negative. basically use that, 20 day and 200 day MA and bollinger bands, all seeming to look like sheep entrails but with slightly more information

i like the A/D (accumulation/distribution ratio) from my looks, the 1 day, 5 day, 10 day, 3 month, 6 month, 1 year, 3 year all have upward pressure. only the 1 month is neutral to slightly negative. basically use that, 20 day and 200 day MA and bollinger bands, all seeming to look like sheep entrails but with slightly more information

Hi winfield100, thanks for your post about A/D ratio. At what parameters do you look for A/D ratio and what tells you stock is more in accumulation mode or distribution mode? Thanks in advance!

Max Pain moved up and is currently sitting at $255 (link).

Hi winfield100, thanks for your post about A/D ratio. At what parameters do you look for A/D ratio and what tells you stock is more in accumulation mode or distribution mode? Thanks in advance!

Max Pain moved up and is currently sitting at $255 (link).

i go on to simple schwab account and select "charts" then add A/D ratio and have to manually change days to get each number. this is NOT advice btw
Accumulation/Distribution shows whether buyers or sellers are more active. 200 day MA is very gently flat to up. i do have cash on the table (and a GTC sell order for 100 shares @ $3,500 that needs renewing soon)

i go on to simple schwab account and select "charts" then add A/D ratio and have to manually change days to get each number. this is NOT advice btw
Accumulation/Distribution shows whether buyers or sellers are more active. 200 day MA is very gently flat to up. i do have cash on the table (and a GTC sell order for 100 shares @ $3,500 that needs renewing soon)

Thanks for the additional info, found the indicator in my trading account.

Update on Max Pain:
Max Pain moved up to $257.5 (link).

As published this afternoon in MarketWatch, a technical analyst who specializes in Elliott Wave theory sees TSLA on track to reach 285 to 305 by next month if it remains above the June low.

Link to article: Positive sentiment powers Tesla’s drive toward record highs - MarketWatch

Below is the chart that accompanies the article.

full-WjEARRipw46JF7X3WUy12.png

Last edited:
How would you, and other TA TMC members, interpret a close at, below or above that band for our movements next week? Thanks

My observation was just about how powerful the BB is for intraday movements. We started out all fireworks, going to the moon (above the BB). But we get pulled back to it like a rubber band. That is fine, the upper BB goes up too and we have been riding it up for a few weeks. The SMART trader (not me) would have sold when it overextended and re-bought later in the day.

I don't think this has any bearing on the next few weeks.

Other TA suggests we are in a bull run and will retest and probably exceed ATH, but I wasn't adding to that discussion.

Edit: it closed above the upper BB, so all the more remarkable move at the close.

Last edited:
I would appreciate if someone could post some charts and analysis before this Holiday weekend. Thanks!
Closed above the huge down gap from Sept 15, 2014 on a tiny up gap, which is bullish. However it went outside the up channel started on 04/27/15. If it can hold above 276 for the next 5 days, I think it will test 290 and push for ATH. Otherwise it could fall back into the up channel.

Screenshot.png

Closed above the huge down gap from Sept 15, 2014 on a tiny up gap, which is bullish. However it went outside the up channel started on 04/27/15. If it can hold above 276 for the next 5 days, I think it will test 290 and push for ATH. Otherwise it could fall back into the up channel.

View attachment 86321
Thanks for the work. So we can go up for go down. Can it not change too?

Does anybody else have the impression that $260 and maybe even more $250 area could act as future support when looking at the daily chart of TSLA?
I do currently not see a catalyst that could drive us down to that support area (Greece not important enough, China not important enough, ...) just thinking about the technicals.
Next resistance could be at the $292 area as I would expect some selling at about the former ATH.

Last edited: