Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Technical Analysis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A cup with handle chart formation might see a handle of 1 to 2 weeks at a depth of one third of the advance

so that would see a bottom at about $ 245

Cup with Handle (Continuation) [ChartSchool]

Only if we see the same forming in the general markets, which if we do will seem to us how all of a sudden TSLA is doing much better (since so is the general markets, as the cup turns upwards).

If the general markets keep falling don't expect TSLA to follow it's own "separate" cup-and-handle formation, no TSLA will be caught in the downmarket too (an instance of where fundamentals eat technicals for lunch).

Does anybody else have the impression that $260 and maybe even more $250 area could act as future support when looking at the daily chart of TSLA?
I do currently not see a catalyst that could drive us down to that support area (Greece not important enough, China not important enough, ...) just thinking about the technicals.
Next resistance could be at the $292 area as I would expect some selling at about the former ATH.

yes. and it will be $244.. :)

Please look at my chart.

http://images68.fotosik.pl/1036/a61ea2de8e76fc36.png

Made in Poland :)

if we dont see any price movement in next week we'll be setting ourselves up for a nice pop with MX design studio and ER around the corner form then.
Capture.PNG

As a follow on to previous discussion, Cup and handle? What do you guys think. Credit of the chart goes to @venkysrinivasan on stock twits

http://charts.stocktwits.com/production/original_39970058.png?1437429454

Here's what a cup and handle is for those unfamiliar.
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/cupandhandle.asp

Personally, I think it's pretty sloppy but if enough people think that is what is going on we can get some self fullfilling prophesy going on here! Oh, and there's this thing called earnings which can either make or break it.

As a follow on to previous discussion, Cup and handle? What do you guys think. Credit of the chart goes to @venkysrinivasan on stock twits

http://charts.stocktwits.com/production/original_39970058.png?1437429454

Here's what a cup and handle is for those unfamiliar.
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/cupandhandle.asp

Personally, I think it's pretty sloppy but if enough people think that is what is going on we can get some self fullfilling prophesy going on here! Oh, and there's this thing called earnings which can either make or break it.

Yes John, pretty sloppy, but I'll take it! Thanks

All I can say is remember when we were fighting to retake the 200 day moving average? Those were the days.

That was only a few weeks ago.

Thanks for the cup and handle link. I understand it better now. I don't think we fit the description of the article.

I am controlling the stock price...

So, I have hesitated to publish this due to its earthshaking nature, but I have suspected for some time that I was controlling the TSLA stock price.

If I go on a diet, TSLA goes up. If I slack off, TSLA slumps:

weight_stock.JPG

We went out of sync pretty badly during the late 2013 highway f*** fud but the broad trend is there. (Note the weight axis is reversed. Weight LOSS is associated with stock price INCREASE).

Bottom line is I am rocking my new diet so I am feeling Bullish.

So, I have hesitated to publish this due to its earthshaking nature, but I have suspected for some time that I was controlling the TSLA stock price.

View attachment 88159

We went out of sync pretty badly during the late 2013 highway f*** fud but the broad trend is there. (Note the weight axis is reversed. Weight LOSS is associated with stock price INCREASE).

Please stop eating immediately, thx :biggrin:

AustinEV, don't be surprised if your intervention begins within the next few hours. Four big guys jump out of a black Tesla with Jenny Craig and weightwaters meals in tow. Relax, Mugsy and the boys won't be too much trouble around the house over the next couple of weeks if you feed them pizza and beer while you nibble on something with no more calories than a piece of celery. Reports of smoking, cussing, belching and womanizing from the crew have been somewhat exaggerated in recent reports. They'll likely leave early if the Q2ER is positive. If there's a Ms. austinEV, it'll be better to get her prepped for what's coming, rather than surprise her. All of this is for the good of you and your fellow forum members, austinEV. We appreciate your cooperation.

Last edited:
AustinEV, don't be surprised if your intervention begins within the next few hours. Four big guys jump out of a black Tesla with Jenny Craig and weightwaters meals in tow. Relax, Mugsy and the boys won't be too much trouble around the house over the next couple of weeks if you feed them pizza and beer while you nibble on something with no more calories than a piece of celery. If there's a Ms. austinEV, it'll be better to get her prepped for what's coming, rather than surprise her. All of this is for the good of your fellow forum members, austinEV. We appreciate your cooperation.

Those thugs might also be force feeding ME the pizza and beers depending on their agenda. Frankly that is the easier way to manipulate this phenomenon.

hate to be Beary McBear but I think we will go to the 200 day (practically there):

View attachment 90041

Discuss...

I agree, possibly lower actually.

I just looked at my own chart and we're in uncharted territory again with TSLA being outside any trends. The only thing supporting TSLA at this point is the daily averages. Right now it feels like it's consolidating before another drastic drop headed to the 220s.

Hello, so yesterday we reached $260.. and even little higher.
I wrote that $260-262 is important :)

I also think we should retest previous resistance = $243-244 as support now. Maybe even close gap.
:)

Further UP is only possible after breaking $261 resistance... :)

That is really simple.

Hello, so yesterday we reached $260.. and even little higher.
I wrote that $260-262 is important :)

I also think we should retest previous resistance = $243-244 as support now. Maybe even close gap.
:)

Further UP is only possible after breaking $261 resistance... :)

That is really simple.

You said next stop 220 but of course didn't give any time frame. Holding you to that so when it doesn't happen we can stop the guaranteed predictions.

You said next stop 220 but of course didn't give any time frame. Holding you to that so when it doesn't happen we can stop the guaranteed predictions.

there are no guaranteed predictions. And no timeframe. But I can tell where is support & resistance.... If we are in ABC correction from the top - then next step is 220..... unfortunately.