Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Trading Strategies

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone want to share what kinds of stuff they're trading? I'm still bullish and buying calls and I'm going for some June 19 260 and sprinkled it with lottery tickets of Sept 18 300. I still have some ammo left that I'm going to fire off, but I'm leaning more towards June/September as May options might be to close to capture the 5 stage rocket. Event, ER, Analyst, Big Institution Buying and Squeeze.

I'm all in and have been for a few months. Burned the last capital (<1% I had lying around) for 235 weeklies today (couldn't really buy much else...)

Still sitting on stock (core position not to be touched) JUNE 210 calls and a bunch of strikes for JAN16 (from 190 upwards) and some JAN17. (My LEAPS are mostly Bull Call Spreads and just a few simple CALLS to catch any crazy upside.

All of those positions were set up in the last few months except for JAN17 which I bought just in time for this run up by selling some of my core stock.

Today will be another short term experiment I will archive in my "never trade short term" folder.

That folder is also telling me that I'm risking a lot with my JUNE calls and should really find a new home for them at the next opportunity.

Last edited:
Just in case anyone was wondering. My strategy didn't turn out so well.

Well, there's always next week. :)

I will be moving things around and buying more today. There is a good chance this will get absorbed over the weekend.

Yeah crazy. It seems like everyone was either playing long-shot calls or a straddle figuring a big swing either way. Drooping down 2% wasn't really anyone's call.

Except for option's Money Makers. IIRC the max pain was around 222.5

EDIT:Just looked it up: Interestingly 'max pain' was $225

Last edited:
Yes the options Money Makers made a few dollars

my stop losses on my Jan 17 $200's kicked in at the low and when they started to pick up
i bought again at the close

Money Makers made some money out of me , but I can sleep easy knowing I am not going to lose my gains to date

Geez, who made short term bets on "down $0.01"??? Of all the possibilities after a big announcement that has to be one of the least likely.

No kidding. Probably one of the most influential events in our lifetime and the market didn't even bat an eye.

The profoundness of this event is staggering to me.

Twenty years from now kids will get to take April 30th off from school as a holiday for battery day.

Anyone want to share what kinds of stuff they're trading? I'm still bullish and buying calls and I'm going for some June 19 260 and sprinkled it with lottery tickets of Sept 18 300. I still have some ammo left that I'm going to fire off, but I'm leaning more towards June/September as May options might be to close to capture the 5 stage rocket. Event, ER, Analyst, Big Institution Buying and Squeeze.

Pure June calls for Q1ER release. A bet on EPS beat. No strategy but a hunch that they probably need go raise money for either giga 2 or Model 3 this year. So they will engineer a stock run up.

No kidding. Probably one of the most influential events in our lifetime and the market didn't even bat an eye.

The profoundness of this event is staggering to me.

Twenty years from now kids will get to take April 30th off from school as a holiday for battery day.

I showed the April 30 video to my ten-year-old daughter on grounds that it was an event of historical importance. I wish I could say she was as enthusiastic as I was, but alas she is but a ten-year-old.

I showed the April 30 video to my ten-year-old daughter on grounds that it was an event of historical importance. I wish I could say she was as enthusiastic as I was, but alas she is but a ten-year-old.

Trust me, it gets better as they grow up... My 17-years old son lives and breathes all things Tesla more than I do. He also contributes here, on Seeking Alpha and CleanTechnica...

We watched the April 30th event together - it was a lot of fun!

Trust me, it gets better as they grow up... My 17-years old son lives and breathes all things Tesla more than I do. He also contributes here, on Seeking Alpha and CleanTechnica...

We watched the April 30th event together - it was a lot of fun!

Up at midnight on a school night in PA...worth it. My 12 year old son knows all car-related details for Tesla and monitors the stock price for Tesla and CSIQ on his phone. We talk a couple times a week about the company and developments and watch every SpaceX launch (he wants to be a rockets scientist).

Trading today: Sold all but 2 of my May 18 200/240 contracts when we hit $234. Taking profit and will let the June 19 270s capture and short term ER/CC and Shareholder meeting appreciation.

Wow, I'm strongly considering moving my May $230s and $240s out to a further month if this premarket move holds/accelerates as they will be very green. Another thought is to roll them up, same number of contracts, and keep the difference. Anyone else thinking about this? Making a risk free spread would be smart too but I would rather not limit upside at this point.

Wow, I'm strongly considering moving my May $230s and $240s out to a further month if this premarket move holds/accelerates as they will be very green. Another thought is to roll them up, same number of contracts, and keep the difference. Anyone else thinking about this? Making a risk free spread would be smart too but I would rather not limit upside at this point.
Mulling some "options" (sorry) this morning also. Bought a fistful of mar 15 40s 2 weeks ago and more on Friday. I already have June and Sept 20s and 30s. May sell a couple contracts and buy some puts for protection....or not.

If we continue this huge run up today I actually may buy a few protective puts. Small number. I also may sell 20% of my June 19 270s calls to fund some June 19 300+ calls. This could be a very wild day. While I am positioned for a big bull move and short squeeze I did not see it happening now. I expect a big short attack today/tomorrow. They will not go quietly into that good night.

If we continue this huge run up today I actually may buy a few protective puts. Small number. I also may sell 20% of my June 19 270s calls to fund some June 19 300+ calls. This could be a very wild day. While I am positioned for a big bull move and short squeeze I did not see it happening now. I expect a big short attack today/tomorrow. They will not go quietly into that good night.

300!!! Holy cow. I went up to june 280's to sell them on a day like today. I choose the 280's because of leverage and also my break even is well below the ATH.

But hey, I expected this to happen last Friday.