Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tsportline Wheels in the UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are they approved for the UK? CE mark or equivalent etc.?

It'd be frustrating to end up in hot water/without insurance, possibly due to someone else's fault, but because the wheels aren't legal.

They're much more likely to be legal if they're being imported by a UK based company - or at least, that company bears the responsibility to do so.

Physically, I'm sure they would be fine.

Whether or not they're actually legal, certified, approved, etc. for use in the UK is a slightly different issue.

You could always email them to ask. I'm sure they'd know if they, or an importer, have got it covered.

When I was looking for some winter wheels last year, I came across a long thread about how the wheels didn’t fit a M3P, despite Tsportline claiming they were tested with that very car! The guy fitting the wheels ended up with damaged rotors. The ‘fix’ from Tsportline was to eventually send him some spacers. In my eyes that is nothing but a bodge, and definitely not acceptable to me. I bought oem.

When I was looking for some winter wheels last year, I came across a long thread about how the wheels didn’t fit a M3P, despite Tsportline claiming they were tested with that very car! The guy fitting the wheels ended up with damaged rotors. The ‘fix’ from Tsportline was to eventually send him some spacers. In my eyes that is nothing but a bodge, and definitely not acceptable to me. I bought oem.
Yes that’s correct. However, they now have all of the wheels produced with the correct bore to accommodate the 3mm lip on the M3P hub. Any Performance model owner needs to tread carefully with aftermarket wheels as ones advertised as “Model 3” may not necessarily fit the Performance, but will fit the SR+ and LR.

Ordered on Monday evening (morning in CA), they dispatched same say and I have 3 of the 4 Thursday morning (separate pieces). They look great - very close to the 21 turbines - but hopefully with less noise and a better ride. Planning on putting on the car as soon as I have the 4th.
752A7C76-95CD-414E-9CC2-5CC28C72590D.jpeg

Glad to hear your wheels arrived ok. I purchased some 18" TSportline wheels for use with winter tyres on my M3P back in October 2019. I ordered them on a Sunday and they were delivered on the following Wednesday, which is amazingly quick. The delivery fee was quite high (~300$) as I guess they came across the pond by air freight. I had no problems with customs (just paid the duty when requested by text) and the wheels fitted fine. The main reason I chose these wheels was that they were designed specifically to fit the M3P and numerous people in North America had positive experiences of them. The wheels and tyres coped with a British winter roads superbly, and also improved the ride and noise levels, not that they are bad on the standard 20" wheels.

Reactions: Cyclone1
Ordered on Monday evening (morning in CA), they dispatched same say and I have 3 of the 4 Thursday morning (separate pieces). They look great - very close to the 21 turbines - but hopefully with less noise and a better ride. Planning on putting on the car as soon as I have the 4th.

Have I read this right, you ordered the items from CA on Monday, and you all have 4 wheels fitted by Friday!!!

What shipping did you use, AirForce one.

Yes I did go for wheel and tyre package. They have the option to choose either summer performance tyres or Conti all seasons. I went with the latter - I have a lot of experience with them (I lived in Colorado for a long time). Shipping wasn’t cheap, neither were the wheels, but then you do get a solid and proven product that is still a lot more competitive compared to new Tesla wheels. Besides I wanted the 20” on the MS - the Goldilocks choice.