Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turn on wireless using voice command

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3 - anyone know how to turn on the wireless using voice commands as it randomly turns wifi off. when driving and it hard to press the button while on the move. When i say "turn on wifi" it just opens the wifi settings but i then have to manually press the button on button.
I stopped paying for premium connectivity package, if they changed it to 1 yearly discounted payment i would probably signup.

not sure why the wifi needs to be turned back on every time i get back in the car, pop into shop come back and wifi off etc etc. wheres the voice command... ???

just so its clear im talking about using the wifi from my phone when on the move.
Wifi when parked at home works fine.

'not sure why the wifi needs to be turned back on every time i get back in the car, pop into shop come back and wifi off etc etc. wheres the voice command... ???'.

I may be off the mark here, but if away from home the wifi wouldn't be on, would it? I never touch mine, it just becomes active wehn I'm in range on my front drive.

'not sure why the wifi needs to be turned back on every time i get back in the car, pop into shop come back and wifi off etc etc. wheres the voice command... ???'.

I may be off the mark here, but if away from home the wifi wouldn't be on, would it? I never touch mine, it just becomes active wehn I'm in range on my front drive.
OP is tethered to mobile WiFi in preference of paying for premium connectivity.

It's a shame that WiFi turns off every time you go into park.

Reactions: Durzel
not sure why the wifi needs to be turned back on every time i get back in the car, pop into shop come back and wifi off etc etc. wheres the voice command... ???

WiFi is automatically turned off when you shift into drive. This was to make a clean transition to Cellular data. (After people complained about map/music problems as they were leaving home.)

M3 - anyone know how to turn on the wireless using voice commands as it randomly turns wifi off. when driving and it hard to press the button while on the move. When i say "turn on wifi" it just opens the wifi settings but i then have to manually press the button on button.
I stopped paying for premium connectivity package, if they changed it to 1 yearly discounted payment i would probably signup.

just so its clear im talking about using the wifi from my phone when on the move.
Wifi when parked at home works fine.

As mentioned above, wifi will turn off once you shift into drive. Even if you never leave the car if you go to park and back to drive it goes off.

My LTE wasn't working for about 2 months and I got into the habit of going into drive, then turning on my wifi immediately before setting off.
Very annoying as if I forgot then teslamate would have incomplete data. I'm about 2-300 miles short of logged data partly as a result of this.

Attachments

• tesla wifi voice command.png
    tesla wifi voice command.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 152
Reactions: Medved_77