Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turn Signal Auto Cancel on 2024.14.7?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just upgraded to 2024.14.7 on my 2024 MSLR. I noticed on my drive to work this morning that the turn signal auto cancel has stopped working. I confirmed the setting was still turned on, but no go. What it looks like to me is that the car no longer 'sees' lane markings. Before I would see the dashed lane lines between vehicle images, but those markings are now gone. Took a picture to note it (pardon the glare - it was early morning):
IMG_5885.JPG

As you can see, no markings between the cars - and this was on a two-lane asphalt highway (with a wide grass median). Anyone else seeing anything similar? Was working fine prior to this latest upgrade (I was on 2024.3.25).

I don't have the 'Park Assist' setting at all - perhaps because I don't have FSD

The "Park Assist" option in settings is only available for Palladium S and X with ultrasonic parking sensors.

It let's the driver choose if they want the traditional parking interface with the distance measurements and the color arches or the new Tesla Vision with the High Fidelity Park Assist visualization.

What it looks like to me is that the car no longer 'sees' lane markings. Before I would see the dashed lane lines

Try a DAS Reset through Service Mode.
And while you are in Service Mode, post any active alerts you have, so we can determine if your Model S is reporting any issues.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Update: I've figured it out (kinda)...

In the Autopilot settings, if I choose 'Traffic Aware Cruise Control', I get NO lane markings.
If I choose 'AutoSteer (Beta)', the lane markings show up.

I would think I *should* get the lane markings regardless, so I'm suspecting this is a bug. I'll post again shortly, as 2024.14.8 is downloading as we speak....

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
Update: I've figured it out (kinda)...

In the Autopilot settings, if I choose 'Traffic Aware Cruise Control', I get NO lane markings.
If I choose 'AutoSteer (Beta)', the lane markings show up.

I would think I *should* get the lane markings regardless, so I'm suspecting this is a bug. I'll post again shortly, as 2024.14.8 is downloading as we speak....

So....apparently it's NOT a bug.

Downloaded and installed 14.8, and it's the same behavior....lane markings on AutoSteer, no markings on TACC.

Just going to leave it on AutoSteer and call it a day. Thanks to all for chiming in!

So....apparently it's NOT a bug.

Downloaded and installed 14.8, and it's the same behavior....lane markings on AutoSteer, no markings on TACC.

Just going to leave it on AutoSteer and call it a day. Thanks to all for chiming in!

I have a similar issue with my 2024 Model 3 LR. I would say it is definitely a bug, since I can't engage TACC in TACC-only mode. Please report it to Tesla so it would be fixed.

Having the same problem regarding auto cancel, auto pilot & lane markings. Tried clearing camera calibration and now it’s stuck at 5%. Tried rebooting and reinstalling but nothing seems to fix it.

Tesla canceled my mobile appointment and said I’d need to come into a shop for potential repairs (even though it’s clearly a software bug)

Finally fixed the issue, here's what worked for me. I didn't write down the steps exactly but a combination of these did the trick.

1. Re-install software via service mode
2. Reset DAS via service mode
3. Ping DAS via service mode
4. Clear Camera Calibration via service mode
5. Reboot
6. Change Autopilot from TACC to Auto-Steer
7. After driving a little bit, I changed Autopilot back to TACC

Having the same problem regarding auto cancel, auto pilot . Tried clearing camera calibration and now it’s stuck at 5%. Tried rebooting and reinstalling but nothing seems to fix it.

Tesla canceled my mobile appointment and said I’d need to come into a shop for potential repairs (even though it’s clearly a software bug)
Is the fix permanent? I have found that doing steps 6 and 7 does fix the issue for me temporarily, but the issue is back again the next time I drive the car.
Is the fix permanent? I have found that doing steps 6 and 7 does fix the issue for me temporarily, but the issue is back again the next time I drive the car.
Unfortunately, I noticed the same thing after posting my initial response.