TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Turn signal sound going haywire

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by kmtl, Nov 3, 2015.

1. kmtl

kmtl Member

In the past couple of days the clicking sound associated with the turn signal has shown erratic function. As far as know the signal is functioning, but about 10% of the time the clicking does not sound even though the indicator is flashing in the instrument cluster. Then a minute later it does sound..long after the indicator has cancelled. Now it's sounding twice as fast as normal and continues for a couple of minutes in its own...and the audio system drops out. I've hard reset the main screen a couple of times, still happening.
    Is this a known issue?

2. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

Did you reset the IC too? (hold the buttons above the scroll wheels for a few seconds)

3. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Had something like this when my car was brand new. Whenever I used the left signal, it would flash erratically, including the sound it makes and the indicator on the dash. Tesla fixed it via some software update they pushed to the car OTA.

4. kmtl

kmtl Member

Good idea. Thanks