Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turning the LR into the P down the road?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From a physics standpoint, I don't care to go faster 0-60 than 3.5. IMO, after that any more power isn't more fun, it's just scary/vomit inducing/ego stroking. So my question remains, why not make more money off of me and make me happy at the same time?

You know I drove an X P100D last weekend. Fastest car I have ever been in. 0-60 in 2.9 secs. That said, it did not feel scary to me, nor vomit inducing. It did feel awesome. But I think after that ride I am for sure Roadster 2020 material :)

Reactions: SageBrush
You know I drove an X P100D last weekend. Fastest car I have ever been in. 0-60 in 2.9 secs. That said, it did not feel scary to me, nor vomit inducing. It did feel awesome. But I think after that ride I am for sure Roadster 2020 material :)
That is the way these things go: if a car feels too fast, try an even faster car.

My wife had me laughing out loud today by telling how a young fellow in a Camaro was eyeing her and our car at a stop yesterday. She didn't think he should be looking that way at a middle-aged woman so she put him in her rear view mirror. "Damned right I stomped on it!"

Based on our experience with Tesla of Devon, PA, I don't think there'll ever be a better time to trade than now. YMMV:

I had my Model 3 at Watkins Glen for a high performance driving school last Friday and realized that I wanted a better suspension, better brakes (I toasted the rear brakes after ~30 laps and 100 miles of all out driving - the front pads were aftermarket) and better acceleration. When I got home Saturday afternoon, I ran over to the Tesla showroom in Devon to exchange charging cables (not track-related and under warranty). While I was there, I asked about trading in my M3 for the performance version.

Tesla gave me an unbelievably great quote on the trade-in (almost too good to be true); so, on Saturday night, I ordered the M3P [same color (blue, it’s the fastest :)) with the performance package and white interior – expected delivery in one to three months, though I’m hoping to see it in a few weeks]. I’m also hoping the performance brakes are track-ready (we’ll find out), and with the great trade-in and extra power; it was a no-brainer.

Other advantages of the trade: (1) rim rash disappears, (2) toasted brakes disappear, (3) upgraded rear seat and any other hardware enhancements since February are included, (4) the aforementioned white interior, (5) four-wheel drive... We had the LR for five months; and, if we qualify for the just applied for PA EV credit, our depreciation will be less than 60 cents a mile. Plus, we got full credit for EAP and FSD from Tesla on the trade to apply against the new purchase (one extremely happy camper here).

My wife turned in the Model 3 this past Monday, and I’m a waiter again. I’m guessing, this time will be a lot less painful; but if it goes beyond four weeks…

We had the LR for five months; and, if we qualify for the just applied for PA EV credit, our depreciation will be less than 60 cents a mile. Plus, we got full credit for EAP and FSD from Tesla on the trade to apply against the new purchase (one extremely happy camper here).
Congratulations on being able to upgrade to the Performance model so painlessly! It appears that Tesla was eager to make that sale, and it's good that they had the flexibility to "transfer" the EAP and FSD to the new car. Definitely a win-win. This is the beauty of options that involve only "flipping a switch" in software. In this respect, Tesla has an inherent advantage over third party used car dealers and private sellers.